Hogwarts Letter

Sirius, Remus, Cathleen, Ariella, Marcus, and Harry are sitting around the table eating blueberry pancakes and bacon when an owl comes flying in and drops a letter in on the table.

Sirius picks it up and looks over at Cathleen with a smirk. "It's for you," he says handing it over to her.

She looks down at the seal on the letter and her eyes go wide before she sqeals. "Ahhh my Hogwarts letter, it came."

The other kids look over interested to get a look at the letter while Sirius laughs and Remus asks fondly, "Was there ever any doubt?"

She smiles but doesn't answer, instead opting to open the letter and read it all to them.

Dear Ms. Dearborn-Lupin,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

She stops there but continues reading on by herself. "Papa is it true I won't be able to have my broom?"

Sirius nods, "Yeah but don't worry, you'll have a flying class where you'll be able to show off in front of classmates. And when you get into your second we'll get you a new broom."

"Thank you," She says smiling. Ariella looks over her shoulder and starts skimming the letter.

"Why does it only say owl, cat, or toad on there?" She asks narrowing her eyes at the paper.

Harry jumps up to look at the paper, "What?"

"Calm down," Sirius says smiling. "Those are more suggestions than regulations. You'll be able to bring Asmodeus and Achilles."

"You think every rule is just a suggestion Papa," Ariella says matter-of-factly.

Harry nods in agreement and Remus laughs making Sirius glare at him. "They're not wrong," Remus says defensively.

Once everyone is through laughing at the expression on Sirius' face Remus turns back to the kids. "It is only a regulation though, lots of kids bring different pets."

Harry and Ariella let out sighs of relief and everyone goes back to eating. When everyone is through Cathleen asks when they're going to get the school supplies and Sirius tells them to get ready, they'd go today.