The Warmth of Friendship

Sooner than it would seem they're back in the classroom, trying to turn a match to a needle first thing Monday morning with the Hufflepuffs. After that they have a free period, but all they're other friends are in class so they go to the common room to study.

Cleo, Rebecca, and Roman finally managed to turn their matches to needles, and although everyone else had made progress, a lot of people were still struggling. Professor McGonagall said she was confident that everyone would have it down by the end of the week.

Once they'd exhausted their free period with practicing their transfiguration it was time for their first Charms class, which had to be with the Slytherins. Cathleen being super excited for charms chooses to block out any negative thoughts when she enters the classroom.

Charms actually goes off without a hitch, Cathleen is the first one in the class to successfully use the levitation charm, besides the Slytherins, they had taken Charms Friday so some of them already had it down. Professor Flitwick awards her ten points to Ravenclaw for it.

After her, a lot of people began to get the spell down. Aradine, Cleo, Aadish, Charlotte, Rebecca, Sebastian, Morgana, Evanore, and Lewis. Then after class they get to lunch without Ivy saying anything to them and Cathleen thinks just the fighting is behind her for now. Or she hopes, because right after lunch they have History of Magic with the Slytherins.

In History of Magic they continue their lecture on the Statue of Secrecy. A couple of their classmates never show up to class, but Binns doesn't seem to notice them missing. And like last time, most of them slept through the entire class, including Cathleen. Cleo has to wake both her and Erin up when it's time to leave. They then go to meet Izzy and Joseph at their spot because they all had a free period, Nora and Oliver were stuck in defense class though.

"Guys," Izzy squeals as soon as they walk it, "you won't believe what happened in charms class."

"What happened?" Erin asks eyes glistening in excitement.

"Izzy, come on, it's not like that." Joseph elbows her.

"Ow, it's not my fault, you're simply in denial."

"In denial of what?" Cleo asks, pulling Cathleen down to sit with the others.

"Oliver and Joseph were totally flirting in Charms class. It's so obvious they like each other."

"We were not flirting!" Joseph says, face turning red.

"Sure, 'Oliver can you help me with my pronunciation, I don't think I'm saying it right.'" Izzy clears her throat and continues, "'I think your saying it just fine, but your wand movement is a little off, here let me show you.'"

Joseph's face falls into his hands, "Did we really sound like that?"

"You did," she pats his back with a sympathetic smile on her face.

He looks up and around at the four of them, "Do you guys really think he likes me?"

They all nod. And he groans in response to that, face falling back into his hands.

"What's wrong?" Cathleen asks, keying in on the fact that something more was obviously bothering him.

"I don't even know if I can like boys, my whole life I've liked girls."

Cathleen puts a hand on his shoulder, "you know, there are a lot of people who like both girls and boys. You don't have to like just one. And it's okay to not know, you don't have to know right now."

"That's a thing, really?"

She nods and Erin says, "Plus it's not like Oliver knows, you've got plenty of time to figure out how you feel."