Chapter V

The bell rings, signaling that the second break has already started. I tidied up my desk and picked up my earlier material book that was on my desk. I walked to the locker shelf and then I opened my backpack. I took out some books for the next material. I turned around to see that Amy, Sonic and Tails have already been gone from their seats. Huh, where did they go- then I remembered Metal Sonic. I quickly turned my head to the back of the class to see if he's there. He's gone too. I took a long breath then got it out slowly, still watching the spot where Metal Sonic took a seat. Wait, his name really is Mark isn't it?

"Hey, what's wrong?", said a light voice. I look over my shoulder to see a boy with ginger hair, peach skin, blue eyes, red shirt and blue shorts. He's pretty tall, maybe it's because he's a human.

"Oh ummm, sorry if I make it awkward. So ummm... Hi! My name is Chris Thorndyke, but you can call me Chris", Chris said.

"I'm (y/n), (y/n) (l,n)/the (y/s)", I said.

"Sooo what's up with that corner? I saw that you've been staring at that spot for a while", Chris said.

"Oh it's nothing, I was zoning out for a bit", I said, unsure with what I should tell to this new acquaintance of mine.

"It is about the new student? His eyes were a little scary", Chris said. Woah, he got it right, I'm surprised.

"Uhhh yeah, it's about him", I replied nervously.

"Do you know him? I saw both of you were staring into each other", Chris said.

"Oh no, that's just Mark staring at Sonic, I was only curious at Mark", I said. I meant, Sonic's is Metal's rival.

"Oh okay then...", Chris said. He looked at Metal's seat for a moment and then back to me, "Would you like to go with me to eat lunch? I meant, I didn't eat at first break because I already have breakfast at home. If you want I can share my lunch with you", he said nervously.

"Oh sure! And don't worry about me, I eat at second break too", I said. Lmao, if I'm going to get more food then, I've been blessed today. That if, if the food is tasty.

"Wait here, I'm going to put my books first", I said to Chris before I scurry to my desk to put my books there. I tidy up my desk again before walking back to my backpack to retrieve my lunch box.

"Okay, let's go", I said.

•*•

Chris and I were enjoying our lunch. He ate a toasted sandwich and some sliced apple and pear. I ate (your choice), with some addition from Chris' sliced apple that I agree to take from him. The apple is fresh. Very good, I'll be having more free food from now on. Bonus point if I like them. We tried to look for Amy, Sonic and Tails before we got in into the cafeteria. But since we can't find them anywhere near our class nor the cafeteria, we sort of gave up on trying to finding them. Though I'm curious on what they're doing, especially that I can't find Metal anywhere in the cafeteria (I don't think he can eat, but I think it's still worth to find him somewhere near our destination). With that in mind, I just assume that Amy, Sonic and Tails were confronting Metal. I don't hear any loud sounds like a crash or something being broken, which means no fight occurs between them.

"What are you thinking? You seem to be very invested to the point you mutter them", Chris said.

I blushed from the realization and embarrassment, "W-wha, oh! I was thinking about...", should i say my friends or the new student? Hmmm, "... I was thinking about the new student", I don't want to offend my new friend here by saying that I'm thinking about my friends. I'm afraid that it'll makes me look like I'm not enjoying his company.

"Well, he's sure looks so mysterious. His name is Mark, right?", Chris said.

"Yeah, his name is Mark", though his middle name sounds more cooler, which I forgot. I only remembered 'Mark' and 'Robotnik'.

"I heard from several students that his family is well-known for producing great scientist", Chris said.

"Scientist? Like he could be a master mind or doing something mad?", my brain is just running wild here. I only knew that Dr. Robotnik is a scientist, but I didn't know that his whole family basically shapes our future.

"Sorta, well not really. Robotniks only known for their skills in machinery", Chris said while averting his eyes up. I think he's trying to remember what he knew about the Robotniks.

"You see, there was a great scientist that came from that family, his name is Gerald Robotnik. I admired his work but...", Chris paused "I heard that he betrayed our country".

"How much you admired him?", I want to ask about how come Gerald betrayed our country but that's just too mean.

"So much! His projects are probably the best for four decades straight! He even designed a city! I think the city is called Grand Metropolis, completed with its own power source, the Power Plant!", Chris said with so much excitement.

"Woah, that's- that's really awesome, out of the ordinary", I'm impressed.

"He is awesome! I heard some rumours that he made a space colony", Chris said.

"Space colony? Like a place where you could live for some time in space?", now that's magnificent.

"Yeah, I heard that his granddaughter is very ill and being taken there", Chris said.

"Must be very ill if she have to leave earth", what kind of disease that she have though?

"She is, and one day, I want to save people who in need of help like her", Chris said, determined.

"You want to be a doctor?", I asked.

"Oh well, sort of? I mean, I want to be a scientist to help people", Chris said.

"Sooo, you were inspired by Gerald Robotnik?".

"Yup! But i always saw him as a goal on what should I do in the future. My grandpa is the real teacher here, I'm moved to be a humble scientist like him", Chris said, I swear I could see his eyes sparkle.

"Hello, hello, hello! What'cha talking about?".

Chris and I looked at the owner of the voice. It's Sonic, he's standing near our table with a pleased look. Bur where's Amy and Tails?

"What do you mean by that?", also, how dare he snoop in on our chat! I was about to get some juicy information about Metal's... Family? His owner's family?

"Whatever you both were talking about, really attracts that bolt boy", Sonic said, pointing with his thumb to the school's park that could be seen through the cafeteria's window.

My heart skipped. It's him. He's standing there, in the park, under the tree, looking at us.

===<Author Notes>===

Heya! I just wanted to say thank you for reading my book.

We've reached chapter five (and still continuing!) and hopefully I can bring you all more enjoyable chapters, and even longer chapters! (don't worry it'll be around 1000-1500 words because i'm weak, lol).

I wish you all the best ❤