Chapter XIII

The ring-shaped track were being traced by two blue blurs that have made their third lap. Now it's not just students around the running track who were watching Sonic the Hedgehog and Mark Tallix Robotnik racing, there are even teachers that watched from the school's windows. It seems like nobody dared to stop them, everyone is strucked in place, only able to watch.

Some people were cheering up on either Sonic or Metal, some were talking things about them, Amy, Tails and I were only making 'Oh, no-' face. Everybody is getting very noisy in here as Sonic and Metal made their fourth lap.

That is until the crowd of viewers got slowly quiet as they divided to make a space. Me and my friends got backed down by the crowd that were moving for... some people? Those people were wearing suits in black and sunglasses, but one of them in the front stood out more. She seems like a white bat, older than any of us, but still a bit close to our age. She stopped not too far from the running track alongside with other people she came with.

The bat lady takes off her sunglasses in a swift motion. Unfazed by the blue blurs that just ran pass by her, "Boys, please try to stop them at the same time", said the bat lady.

"Yes, Ma'am".

Two people from the mysterious group ran to the running track with a suitcase in their hands. They stopped near the track and throw the suitcase to the middle of the track. Soon there's two giant air bag bubbling out of the suitcase just in time to catch Sonic and Metal. Thankfully, the air bag didn't explode from the impact. Some students tried to get closer to where Sonic and Metal are, but they were stopped by those people in black. The bat lady who gave the order earlier, walked to where the scene at. There's some shuffling from the air bag, which I assume is Sonic and Metal who is trying to get out. The bat stopped near where the shuffling at, she turned around to the crowd who have been watching the chaos.

"There's nothing to see here, go back to your classes already", The bat lady said loudly.

The bat lady's message were repeated again by the teachers that came to the field to collect each student back to their classes.

I, who were just almost being dragged by the course of students getting back to the school building, got pulled out of the moving waves of students. The next thing I know that now I'm ducking behind some bushes with Amy and Tails trying to shush me down.

"What are we doing here?", I said in low volume.

"They're taking Sonic and Metal away. We have to follow them!", Tails said.

"Away? Where?", I asked. I'm concerned, but I don't know if I'm concerned more with Sonic or the fact that the teacher will notice that we're gone.

"They're taking them outside of school", Amy said.

"But what about our school?", I asked. We stared at each other before Amy starts to speak again, "I think we will be alright! I'm sure they will tolerate us, at least once if it's for good reason", Amy said.

"But I can't catch up with you guys, even with a bike", I said. I just remembered that Amy can be faster than how strong I can bring my bike to be as fast as I can. I won't question Tails' speed since he even can catch up right behind Sonic.

"Oh right... Are you alright with us leaving?" Amy said.

"Nah don't worry, just tell me the everything when you guys came back", I said, giving them a thumbs up and a smile of reassurance. "Now with that settled, Tails do you think you can drop to in front of our classroom as fast as you can?", I asked.

"Sure! No problem!" Tails said.

•*•

School is done! And my friends haven't come back yet. I wonder what they're doing. I'm pretty anxious on what just happened today, thankfully I came back to class just in time before anybody got suspicious on me. The teacher did asked me where did Amy and Tails go, but I told them that we got separated when we're getting back to the school building. The teacher believed it and let me go. I'm now preparing to go home, getting my stuff packed before I get out of my class then the school building. As I walked to the parking lot, I stopped once I saw Metal standing near the bike parking lot. What he is doing here?

My mind went wild as I quickly hide behind a tree. Isn't Metal were being taken along with Sonic? Where did Sonic, Tails and Amy go then?

As I went to peek over Metal, I jumped in surprised when I hear him calling me from other side where I'm looking.

"Whoa, hey, you're a jumpy one aren't you?" Metal said. I backed away from him. Even if with that organic disguise, his eyes still gives me goosebumps.

"Metal?" I said.

"Uhhh, why are you calling me Metal?", Metal said, he raised one eyebrow at me. Shoot, I accidentally called him that-

"Ah, Uhhmmm. Sorry! Was thinking of something else! Ehehehe", I said nervously. Metal only looked at me with the same confused expression, tho it get soften down a bit.

"Oh, okay then... So would you like to hang out with me?" Metal said, his odd smile came back when he get to ask me out. Well that was so smooth of him. Wait, hang out?

"...", I don't know how to respond to that. I'm still waiting for Amy, Sonic and Tails to come back.

"Oh, were you waiting for Sonic?", Metal said, a bit annoyed. By then I noticed that his expression were odd, it looks natural but it feels odd at the same time. Perhaps it is because I know that he is robot, thus making me think that him, expressing like organic-like is weird.

"Not really, just concerned. What happened to both of you?", I asked.

"Nah, we were taken to the police. Nothing to worry about", Metal said. Those people who came to school to collect Sonic and Metal were clearly not just an ordinary police.

"...Really?", I said.

"Yup, we both are the same! Very look like if I said so... But I am much more better, you can trust me better than that loathsome copy ", Metal said.

"Loathsome copy? That's harsh", I said. Isn't Metal is... Technically Sonic's copy?

"He deserve that! That guy only knows to look cool!", Metal said, irritated. That's weird, but okay.

"Okay then... So where's Sonic?", I said. I'm still concerned.

"Gone, reduced to ashes", Metal said as he walk in circle for a while then looks at me again, "Okay... He just went out with his friends without you. Probably attending a lunch with the President", Metal rolled his eyes, he averting his gaze away from me and taps his foot to the ground. His eyes went back to me again.

"Now, don't give me that look. Why don't we get out to get some food for ourselves? My treat", Metal smiled at me. 'Food for ourselves'?  Can Metal even eat?

I think about his offer. I did tell him that we will hang out at some point of time today, but I'm not sure if I should trust him. It seems like Metal catches my nervousness.

"Hehehe, don't worry. I'm just your rich, handsome classmate. You can use me", Metal winked at me. That sounds wrong. But still, I have to stay true to my words.

"Okay then, but you're paying", I said as I point at Metal.