Chapter VI

My eyes were locked on Metal Sonic.

WHAT IS HE DOING THERE? SINCE WHEN???

"Woah, you're alright there (y/n)?" Sonic said, concernedly.

"Hey, ummm, can you take her away from here? I'm going to talk to that bolt boy", I heard Sonic whispered.

"O-Oh sure, h-hey (y/n) let's just... Get out from here", Chris said, while he took my arm and quickly brings me out from the cafeteria.

We scurry through the halls, a stair, back to halls again, then Chris took me in inside into one of the doors in the hall. I looked around me to see a lot of bookshelf, some tables with six chairs accompanies each table. Yup, we're in a library now. Thank Goodness, I like this place. It's calming. Chris and I walked to the nearest table we could find. He let go of my hand before sitting down, I followed him to sit down too. I need to breath.

"Hey, you're okay back there? You looked so... shocked before", Chris said.

"Did I?", my brain is too focused on Metal Sonic that I didn't notice what I was doing.

"You did, you looked pale, as if you just saw a ghost", Chris said.

"Well, I was so surprised! Didn't you feel creeped out by him?", I mean, Metal was listening to our conversation.

"Yeaaah, he did creep me out. But we were talking about his family, so I think it's justified if he listen to what we say about his family?", Chris said, he seems unsure.

"I think so, I meant we just noticed him when Sonic points out where is he. But still... ", I frowned. I'm starting to wondering if we may have offended Metal when we're talking about the Robotniks.

"Creepy", Chris said in a disgusted tone while squinted his eyes. Yup, we both were creeped out about whatever that robot wants. Does Chris even know that Metal is a robot? I don't know how he will react to that, but hopefully it won't break him.

"Hey, so, I've been wanting to ask you about Mark again, but if you're uncomfortable with that, it's alright", Chris said, while rubbing back of his head.

"What do you want to ask?".

"Do you know Mark? I mean, before he joined our class?", Chris asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking about what to say, "I only heard stories about this guy yesterday and sort of met... Or saw him today? Wait, I saw him yesterday! After school, but he's just ran pass by me". Or more exactly, tries to ram over me.

"What is he like outside of school?", Chris said.

"Not much information I got about him when he just ran pass by", He didn't ran, he flew.

"What about from the stories you heard?", Chris said.

"He seems like... A cold, calculating... Dangerous person that will reach his goal with an extreme will", I don't even know if he's actually like that. But from Amy's story, he sounds like that to me.

"Dangerous?", Chris said. I meant that word definitely will attract attention.

"He have that intimidating aura around him from what I heard", And he even brings the same aura to school. Great disguise as a student there.

"Yeesh, he's legit fits your description. He's scary too for me", Chris said.

"Same here, same here", I said.

With that the bell rings, signaling that the second break is over.

•*•

The bell rings again, finally, freedom. Today's school have been chaotic. First Sonic and Tails joined our class, then freaking Metal Sonic and Dr. Robotnik came to school AND Metal Sonic joined our class. At least Chris's company is nice. Amy have been planning to stalk Metal after school and asked me if I want to come. I said yes and apparently those two in front of us agreed to join us without being asked. Amy happily welcome them into the investigation. Unfortunately, Chris can't come. Mostly probably because he haven't properly introduced himself to the others and partly he got a picked up car waiting for him outside of school. So, bye-bye Chris.

Now we are outside of school, hiding in the bushes or trees to track Metal Sonic. Amy told us that she'll be picking something from her house for this investigation and told me to stay with Sonic and Tails for a while. This is fun, I feel like I'm a secret agent now. We saw Metal Sonic walked out of school to the sideway outside of the school area. He stopped, he looks like he's waiting for someone or something. I turned my head to top left to see that Sonic and Tails were leaning closer on the tree to get a better look. They look so brave yet ridiculous. Or maybe, we all look ridiculous if someone saw us.

We sat there for a while until a giant black van came. The black van stopped in front of Metal with the door of the van in front of Metal opened, then we see a skinny human in suit got out from the van and welcome Metal to get in. Metal walks in to the van, followed by that human. Once they're in, the van closed itself and drove off. That's our cue to leave school. We looked at each other then nodded.

As the van begin to leave our sight, I cycle my bike out of the bush that I used for my hiding spot. According to Tails, if I got out first and tailed Metal before them, Metal nor the driver will be suspicious as they didn't know me. I was alone when I'm in Metal's way yesterday which means that he only saw me as a random student from his new school. I turned my bike to right once I'm out of school area to the van's direction. The van's still on the same path, we haven't lose it. Good. I quickened my pace to the van direction and making sure that I wasn't at the driver rear mirror by avoiding cycling at the center of the road and the side of the road where the driver location at.

I only hoped that Metal Sonic isn't sitting at the passenger seat. It would be terrifying if he started to get curious at me. Speaking of peeking, Tails have set up a rear mirror on my bike so I don't have to look back and lose my focus on the road. After all, if I look back, the driver or Metal Sonic will get suspicious at me because I look like I'm waiting for someone to appear while tailing them.

I looked at the rear mirror to check if Sonic or Tails is following.

They're not on my back.

Where are they?

I quickly look back to the front before I panicked and lose balanced for a bit. Am I too far ahead of them?

I turned my attention back to the van. My heart skipped. My bike's distance to the van was almost too close. I relaxed my legs to slow down for a little bit. As my bike backing down from the van slowly, there's a white hand waving from the top of the van.

As seconds go by and my bike is slowing down, I can clearly see who's hand is that.

It's Sonic and Tails on the top of the van!

My mood went up when I saw them. I sighed in relief, I almost thought that I was alone. I looked back at the top van to see that Sonic is mouthing something. He told me to slow down and stop.

What?

Sonic then repeatedly points his index finger towards me? My back?

I looked at my rear mirror to see a red cabriolet with Amy driving them! AMY CAN DRIVE?

Amy seems to notice me and smiled.

I slow down my bike until my bike can't go any slower and stopped. Amy's cabriolet approached me slowly and she stopped her cabriolet when it got in front of me.

"Heya! Sorry for making you wait, do you think you can control your bike while it being pulled?", Amy asked.

"Pulled?, with a rope?", I don't think it will work.

"Yup! Don't worry we'll use ropes that usually used for water ski so it won't snap", Amy said.

"Ok, that actually could work", she's quite well prepared, I admired her. "Very well then, let's bind this thing between our vehicle".