Chapter IX

"Maybe we could start by on why you invited us in?", I suggested to Metal Sonic.

I just remembered that Metal didn't say anything about the occasion on why he invited us in. Perhaps Sonic said it's a study group as an excuse Tails and him could accompany us, or even help us. But the truth is, we won't getting any lessons until the fourth day of school. We are still getting to know the school environments and the school teachers. Which means, Metal invited us for something else or perhaps, he's just being nice and want to help us to learn further than the others.

"Right. About that, I need both of your help", Metal said.

"Help? What kind of help?", I asked, I glanced at Amy who have a uncertain look on her face.

"To merge in with the school environments, to fit in into their society", Metal said.

There was silence between us. Amy have the 'are you serious' face while I have a confused face. Metal is still with the same poker face before, so I'll just assume that he's feeling awkward. About Metal's request, to be honest I have no idea to do. I'm not that kind of  extroverted people, and this year is my first year of school too, so I don't know much about the complex school enviroment.

I turned my head to Amy, who's turning her head just in time to make an eye contact with me. We stared at each other until she broke to giggles. We laughed together.

"Hey, what is it? Am I funny?", Metal asked.

"Oh no, no. Well, partly. We just found your request to be... Hmmm, how do I say this? Cute?", Amy said.

I burst into another laughter again.

Cute? Metal Sonic is CUTE? Pffft, never.

I looked at Metal Sonic and realized what I just did. I averted my eyes from him. My laughter slowly becomes an awkward ones as it dies. I looked back again at Metal who have a dumbfounded face on him. I awkwardly smiled at him, hoping he won't take my laughter as insult.

"(y/n), do you think I'm cute?", Metal said.

I stunned at his question, still stuck with the stupid smile on my face. What makes me concerned more is that Metal's eyes is getting bigger and he's frowning like a cat. He's expecting an answer from me. What should I say? Lol

"Ummm, yeah?", hope that answer will satisfy him. I'm crying inside from embarassment, help. I need to switch back the topic real quick.

"So anyways, you said you wanted to merge in with the school society right? May I and Amy talk in private first?", I asked.

"Sure, take your time. Just don't wander too far", Metal said.

"Okay, thanks!", with that I pulled Amy's hand and quickly scurry to the other part of the library.

I wonder if Metal could still hear us even if we are four bookshelves away from him. There's probably some eavesdropper around here, so we should be careful with what we will say.

We eventually slowed down and take a turn into one of the corridors when we both sure that we're quite far away from Metal. I let go of Amy's hand and faced her.

"So hey, what should we do to him?", I asked, I lowered my voice volume too for just in case if Metal will hear us.

"I honestly don't know. The truth is, I don't think I can't trust him to be around us yet. He works for Dr. Robotnik, so that's a no-no for me. But at the same time, I want to help him too! It just that... ", Amy put her arms behind her back, she looked behind as she make a half circle swipe to the back with her left feet. I feel bad for her.

"Are you uncomfortable with him?", I carefully asked her.

"...Yeah...", she turned her head away from me.

"Hey, it's okay. If you'd like, I'll take the job on helping him", I gave her a thumb up. I hope it could cheer her.

"You do? Aren't you scared of him because of what I told you about him?", Amy lifted her head to look at me.

"That, I will work on. If he started doing something suspicious, I will back down", I said boldly.

"Thank you (y/n), but if anything bad happen, you have to tell me! Okay?", Amy said.

"Yes ma'am", we both giggled for a while.

"Let's get back before he starts to snooping around", I told her.

"Now that you mention that...", Amy looked around her by turning her body to left and right, and back, and back to me, "Nevermind! He's not around, which means he's still waiting for us", Amy smiled at me.

"Good! Let's head back then", I said.

I took Amy's hand, which she held back mine in return. We walked side by side and holding hands, back to where Metal was before. It seems like Amy's mood went up since she started to hum a delightful tune as we walk back. After some turns and corridors, we're back facing Metal Sonic again.

"Heyyy, we're back", I said, Metal turned his head to me in response.

"So we've decided that, we agreed that... I'll be the one who'll be helping you!", I nervously smiled at him to his direction.

I really hope I can read his expression, but I'm not sure that he even able to do a complex face. He's just look at me in... Hopeful face? But his mouth is still flat so I'm not sure. I held Amy's hand harder in anxiety, searching other stuff that I should say. Metal said he want to merge in right? So maybe...

"So... If you'd like, we can start by hanging out in school. Uhhh, you know the usual stuff new student do? Asking stuff about each other, getting to know each other and then do the same to the others? Becoming closer to friends?", I nervously try to get that into his head. I wonder if I even explained it right.

"And I hope you don't mind that I will tag along side (y/n) as well, after all, the more the merrier!", Amy said. I cheered in my heart from relief. She's a life savior

"Say, what do you say Met- Mark!?", shoot, I almost called him by his real name. I hope he's not getting suspicious at me.

"I say to you, thank you. I can't find any better candidate to do so", Metal said.

"Well, that settled", I said.

I looked at Metal nervously, to be honest, this is so awkward. I'm starting to wondering how many time has passed. I looked at my watch on my left wrist, "Oh! look at the time! Do you mind If we go home? The road from here to our hometown is ridiculously far", I said. I hope he didn't set a booby trap on us, I'm starting to get anxious with the thought of staying here longer. Even if we haven't eat any snacks, but I think it's the best for both me and Amy to go home and rest.

"Sure, It's alright. Let me escort you to the parking lot", Metal said.

He got up from his seat and walked to the exit archway. He stopped and turned his head to us, "Well, what are you waiting for? Let's send you both back home".