Chapter X

Metal escorted me and Amy back to the parking lot. We bid goodbye to each other before Metal goes back to his building. Well, that was very awkward, and I should start to think what to do to Metal tomorrow. Speaking of Metal Sonic, where did Sonic and Tails go? Did they really ditched us?

Amy and I walked back to her red cabriolet. As we got closer, a silhouette of Sonic and Tails slowly rising up. We stopped in surprise.

"SONIC!!!!", Amy shouted.

"SHHHHHH, hey, let's not make too much noise here. We're still have to lay low", Sonic shushed Amy.

"Oh right, hehe, sorry!", Amy gleefully smile at Sonic.

So Sonic didn't ditch us.

"What have you both have been doing while we're inside?", I asked Sonic and Tails.

"We ran outside for a while and then back to here again, we've been hiding between cars to another car to avoid any eyes", Tails said.

"And since you both have come back, why don't we head to Tails' lab to discuss this. What do you think pal?", Sonic said.

"Well, I'm fine as long as you both didn't go through my stuff or making a mess there. And I think we really should talk about this since this is Metal Sonic in our case", Tails said.

"Ok then! I'm coming, what about you (y/n)?", Amy said.
"Sure, I guess", I said. I just hope we didn't spend too much time on night. We still have school that we need to attend to.

"Okay then! Tails and I will start running once you've got your engines up, and make sure that you can catch up", Sonic gave us a thumbs up.

"Yes Sonic!!", Amy said, as she got in to her red cabriolet. I got into my bike quickly.

As the red cabriolet engine started, Sonic and Tails have begun to run to the loops to go down or up to the building. Amy's cabriolet finally moves after Sonic and Tails have passed one level. In response, I move my bike to balance myself.

Soon, we started to speeding up down to the road again. Sometimes I saw Sonic and Tails turn into a fast-moving ball as we go down and down. HOW THEY ARE NOT HURT FROM THE IMPACT??? I always frown at the sight. However, it seems like their crazy act makes them faster than before. Is this one of bites of what they're capable of? I wonder what they're made of to cause them to have this much of durability.

We finally got out of the dull parking lot and now we're back to the busy road. However, Sonic and Tails seems to have a shortcut since we are not taking the road that got us here. Slowly we found ourself in a much more quieter road. I noticed that there aren't any cars near us, there's no cars on our back nor front. Thankfully the view of the buildings always changes to remind us that we are not in some sort of warped reality. However... Why there's a sound of engines near us?

I can feel goosebumps running through my spines. Have we've been followed? Is it Metal Sonic that wants to throw a fit?

Suddenly, we saw flashes of fire being shot around Sonic and Tails. The rapid fire tries to get one of them, but thankfully Sonic and Tails dashes out from its way. I tried to find the source of this dangerous bullets. It's a bunch of robot bees that have firing at Sonic and Tails. One of the robot that I looked at were smashed by a blue blurry ball. Is that... Sonic? How did he do that?

I quickly got distracted by another noise of something whipping through the air. What I see got me stunned. Tails is picking Sonic up and throwing Sonic to each robot bees way. As Sonic is released from Tails' grip, he curled up into a ball and destroy each of the robots.

Soon there are no more robots following us and we're out of Grand Metropolis. I stared at the duo in amazement. That was... AMAZING.

And terrifying, did both of them got hurt by tackling themself to the robots? I tried to check on Sonic and Tails, but they are too far ahead of me. I hope that they are fine.

I noticed that the road we are passing through right now were completely different from the road that we used to get into Grand Metropolis. The road that we're passing through right now is not a highway. It's the kind of road that you found randomly in the middle of fields. What things that we've passed by while I'm running in my thoughts?

Why are we passing here again? Is Tails' lab really that far? Where is Tails' lab? Why and how Tails got a lab?

I shook my head. I'm starting to regret coming. I don't even know where we are. I'm starting to get scared to be honest. There are so many thoughts ran through me.

I ended up looking down to the road while try to balancing my self.

Until, I felt my bike were running to close to Amy's cabriolet. I quickly tried to stop the bike bits by bits so it slow down. Why are we slowing down? Are we there yet? I noticed that there are a yellow light near us.

There's a house! Is that Tails' lab?

It seems like it is our destination since Sonic and Tails are waiting for us outside of the house. My face quickly turned into a smile in the sight of familiarity.

"Heyyy, welcome to Tails' lab! Which is our main home base for stuff", Sonic said as he put both of his hand on his hip.

Amy's car stopped near the entrance of the house, I stopped and hopped off from my bike. I put my bike's standard on so my bike will be standing. Thankfully the ground here supported the standar instead of swallowing it.

Amy turned her cabriolet's engine off and then hopped off of it.

"My, that was a one boring journey. How are you (y/n)?", Amy asked.

"It was... boring. I didn't even pay attention to the view around us", I said. I don't know better words to describe my experience in the journey. So many moods.

"Hey, you both didn't got hurt by Eggman's robot right?", Sonic said. Eggman? Is that Sonic's nickname for Dr. Robotnik? I mean Dr. Robotnik is pretty round from what I remembered back in school.

"I'm fine", Amy said while she stretched herself, "What about you (y/n)? I'm sorry if that scares you", Amy said.

"No, no, I'm fine too. Just a bit stunned by the everything", I said.

"Okay then! Seems like everyone is alright, let's head inside! Didn't wanna catch a cold right?", Sonic said as he gesture to the front door.

"Yes, let's go!", Amy said as she took my hand and followed Sonic and Tails inside the house.