13| Lost

"It's ok to not be ok"- N/A

Luca🖤

She looked unbelievable. Luca took a second to take her in. She was wearing a halo attached to a headband on top of her curly hair that was left out. Then her dress hugged every part of her body. The tied straps made Luca wonder if they would go apart if you pulled them. And her shoes, he wasn't surprised that she wore sneakers with the socks peeking out.

"Luca!" Shortcake shouted getting his attention

"Hmm, yea?" he answered looking at her.

"Why do you keep spacing out?" she raised a brow.

"No reason, what were you saying," Luca shouted over the music.

"I said, demons don't have blue eyes," she dragged out getting louder with each second.

"Contacts make my eyes itch. But angels don't wear sneakers," he quipped, as she looked down at her shoes and back up.

"Hmm, I guess we can both break the rules," she said wondering off.

"I guess so."

They walked past a table that had a big bowl of 'punch' littered with cups, fake spiders, webs, and other Halloween-themed decorations.

"What do you think is in there?" Melody asked stopping at the table.

"Trust me, you don't want to find out." Luca looked over in disgust and she laughed.

"C'mon let's find something to do," she grabbed his hand as they made her way upstairs dodging unknown objects on the floor. There was probably someone's arm there.

"Wow, all these people already look wasted," she said scrunching up her nose, it was his turn to laugh.

"Have you ever been to a party... in high school?" Luca whispered to her tired of yelling.

"Possibly, maybe... no." She confessed.

"As-" he began before getting cut off.

"Luca! New girl! Come play truth or dare with us," some kid yelled. Luca was probably going to reply with something rude before Melody nudged him in his side before he could answer.

"C'mon, there's nothing else to do." She notes.

They walked over to the group of people and sat in the two remaining seats across from each other.

Luca looked over at Shortcake and she was making faces at him. He raised his eyebrows, and she did the same. He must have looked confused because she started laughing.

Luca did things like chugging drinks and answering questions. He didn't chug any alcohol since he was driving, he'd have bad experiences with that. He was actually surprised to see that they even had anything edible that wouldn't get you stoned. Melody only did truths which consisted of questions like 'Is it true that you and Luca are dating?' she'd always get flustered which brought him amusement.

"Melody, I dare you..." some girl dragged, and Melody turned her attention to her "to sit on Luca's lap for the rest of the game."

Total shock took over her face as she looked at the girl who dared her. Luca almost burst out in laughter. Melody looked at him he raised his eyebrows waiting to see what she would do. She made a face but still got up, people started yelling and clapping.

She made her way over and Luca stretched out his hands as if he was asking for a hug. She narrowed her eyes, turned around, and sat down. She was tense, fidgeting with her bracelet in her lap.

"You know I don't bite, right." Luca joked. He felt her tense up when Luca started laughing.

"Very reassuring," she mumbled.

A few more dares went by, and Luca was starting to get bored. He pulled her into him and rested his head on her back. He was surprised that she didn't move or flinch but he was more surprised when she started playing with his hands, likely comparing them to hers. She was fidgeting with Luca'swatch when he started laughing, there was no way he could not have. She pinched him in response.

"Ow!" she started laughing. Luca decided to get her back by blowing in her ear. She immediately tensed up and turned around accusingly, making him laugh for the tenth time. They decided to opt out of playing seven minutes of Heaven. Luca knew from experience how crazy that game could get.

"I'm gonna go find the bathroom," Melody stated

"Ok" Luca answered getting up, she scrunched up her eyebrows.

"Where are you going?"

"With you."

"To... the bathroom?"

"Yea."

"Why?"

"To keep you safe," Luca mumbled

"Huh?" she raised her eyebrows amusingly like any second now she would start laughing. Luca stared at her before she answered again.

"Ok fine c'mon," she added turning around. They looked around for a while before finding an empty bathroom. A couple of minutes passed, and she still wasn't finished

"You, okay?" Luca called out from behind the door.

"Yea!" she yelled back.

A group of people rushed by, and Luca suddenly felt his arm get yanked in their direction.

"What the fu-"

"Hey babe." It was Valerie. He wasn't sure what her costume was nor did he care. Luca just want to know why the fuck she was touching him and calling him babe. She grabbed his arm practically gluing herself to it.

"Valerie," Luca forced out remembering when Melody told him to be nice to people specifically when you wanted something from them. In this case, Luca wanted her to fuck off. She looked behind him and smirked before making useless conversation

"I saw you standing there like a lost puppy, or should Isay demon. You look like you need a nurse how about we go somewhere so I can heal you up-

"Actually I-"

"C'mon babe let's go," she stated cutting him off and walking towards a door.

"Valerie" she turned around "get the fuck off of me" As soon as she loosened her grip Lucaturned around heading to the bathroom.

Luca found the bathroom door open with no one inside. He looked all over the house and he even saw Hazel and Carter but walked past them because he knew she would kill him if she found out that Melody disappeared.

Luca checked the kitchen, living room, and every bathroom he could find which was a lot. The dipshit throwing the party lived in a fucking mansion. He practically ran around the house before he bumped into the guy throwing the party, rather he bumped into Luca. His face was beet red and drenched in red shit. He was basically a walking tomato.

Normally Luca wouldn't let someone bump into him, especially if they had unknown contents all over them but that didn't matter right now. Luca asked some girls if they saw Melody, but they all just asked if that was the new girl that threw juice at some dude. He figured that these people had the wrong person, and dismissed them. He didn't even bother asking the guys because he wasn't in the mood to fight.

The teenage boy made his way to the surprisingly empty backyard where he saw someone sitting on the floor by the pool, curly hair drenched, and a white dress wrinkled.

"Shit!"

A/N: Gios I'm backckckccckckkckck, rough chapter LUCA know but I'm excited to be writing again :) And I love when y'all comment like I get so excited💀

If you enjoyed, please don't forget to like, comment and share.

(Edited) Word count: 1169