25| ALT

The only way to truly know someone is by being with them, by conversation." - Eric Overby

Luca🖤

The pair got into Lucas's car and was on their way to the cafe. Hopefully unbeknownst to her, Luca took many glances at the girl in his passenger seat. The ride was comfortably silent with Melody's choice of alternative R&B playing in the background. This made Luca realize how little he actually processed his feelings for her. Since it was mentioned during therapy Luca hadn't thought or acted on it much. The two hadn't time like now where they could hang out, and that party didn't count. Soooo... Luca just disregarded it. He had a knack for ignoring his feelings, he'd done it before and he'd do it forever.

"I feel... I feel like we never talk." Melody spoke, breaking the silence

"Hmm?" he hummed sparing her a glance

"Like, I don't know. With Hazel and Jack, we can hang out and talk. Talk about our feelings and stuff. I feel like I don't have that with you." she confessed

"I mean, you're closer to them. It's not like you talk about what you're feeling with Carter or Yumna," he responded mentioning one of Hazel's friends

Melody paused, making Luca narrow his eyes a bit.

"But still, you're different," she repeated

"I'm not like other girls, huh." he joked earning a glare from Melody

"You know what, let's play a game."

"Alright..." Luca hesitantly agreed

"We just ask each other questions and when the other person answers, they have to end with another question. Get it?" she asked accepting a hum in response.

"Ok, what's your name?" she started

"Luciano Apollo Romano, what's your name?"

"Wait, I didn't think you for real had a full name." Melody confessed

"That's not a question Shortcake." he laughed, stopping at a red light.

"Pause the game, you didn't tell me this."

'You didn't ask."

"Yeah, I did."

"Oh, well... now you know."

"Luciano." she tested. Luca didn't care for his first name but he liked hearing it come from Melody.

"What's your name?" Luca asked

"Melody Sela Davis. When's your birthday?"

"January 24th but you already know that. Yours is May 10th right?"

"Yea, but damn that's close. What's your favorite color?" she quizzed

"Uhh to wear black but in general, lavender. What about you?"

"To wear, green. In general...still green. Why did you choose two colors?"

"I feel like purple doesn't really look good on me." Luca confessed, " What's your favorite subject?"

"I bet it does." Melody shrugged "But definitely English, you?"

"Science maybe. I'm a shit writer. Favorite genre?"

"Fiction, specifically romance. Why science?"

Luca rolled his eyes "I coulda guessed that," he mused, receiving a shove from Melody "But I'm the best at science and it's cool to know why things work the way they do. Don't you care about my favorite genre?" he teased

"Yeah sure, what's your favorite genre?" Melody rolled her eyes

"Uhmmm I like fantasy and superpowers and shit. Favorite food?"

"Fantasy... huh." Melody squinted at him "I like Mediterranean food, how bout you?"

"This is basic but I love tiramisu. And there's these cookies called amaretti, I loved it when my mom used to make them."

Before Melody could respond, they pulled up to a cafe/diner-looking place. After parking, they walked to the entrance and went to the cashier.

"Oh wow." Melody exclaimed, "I've been looking at this place, but it's so nice inside."

"Yeah, it's cool."

The ambiance exuded a laid-back charm. The walls were adorned with vibrant yet subtle street art, and neutral-colored furniture created a cozy feeling.

The place was buzzing with light conversation music, and a giant chalkboard wall invited doodles and personal touches. With the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and a chill atmosphere, it was the perfect spot for a hangout or study date.

The pair made their way to the front of the line and the cashier took their orders. As Melody pondered, Luca went first.

"Can I get the Dalgona milk tea and the brunch flatbread?" he asked as the cashier nodded. Afterward, Melody ordered a berry croissant and green tea.

As they walked towards a table, Melody spoke first.

"That order was kinda fancy." she jabbed at his side

"What, I don't look like a milk tea type guy?" he raised a brow

"Nah, not at all." she laughed

These are the moments she referred to earlier. Luca looked like the black coffee and bread type, but of course, he surprised her. Melody just needed the opportunity to get to know him past the persona everyone saw.

"I thought you would get something more extravagant," Luca replied

"I guess I'm more boring than you thought." Melody wiggled her eyebrows strangely

"That was the farthest from boring," he replied cringing

They sat down and Luca took this time to look at Melody. Her freshly done hair was styled neatly in a low bun with two strands strategically pulled out. Her brown crewneck closely resembled her skin tone and her black tights flared at the knees, engulfing her legs. Her signature platform sneakers, crossed at the ankles, were turning gray from use. Luca admired her outfit and how well it fit the girl sitting across from him.

Shortly after, the drinks came.

"Do you come here a lot?" Melody asked, trying her drink.

Luca stopped to think, it had been months since he actually hung out with someone. This was just sad.

"Not really." he replied "I've only been here a couple of times with Carter and Aless."

"Your sister right? You guys look identical." Melody smiled

"Really?" Luca tilted his head, he hadn't heard that one before

"I'm so serious, I thought you and Leon looked alike but you and Aless are opposite genders of the same person," Melody replied earning a face from Luca.

"That's a compliment, she's so pretty." Mel gushed

"That would mean that Carter has a crush on me too." Luca rolled his eyes

"Carter likes your sister?" Melody laughed

"Evidently.." he grumbled

"Isn't she gay though?" Melody asked

"Yea, wait how do you know that?"

"I don't know, she's very charming. A lot like you from what I've seen." Melody stated very matter-of-factly.

This he's heard, rather than twins in appearance, they were twins in personality. Before they died, his parents would comment on how Luca seemed to be growing into his older sister's habits. Even his uncle would mention how it annoyed him.

"My parent used to say that." he laughed to himself

Melody paused knowingly, waiting for him to speak

"They're dead."

A/N: I've been waiting for this one, TURN IT UP

If you enjoyed, please like, comment and share.

(Edited): 1051 words