1| The Beginning Of The End

"Y'all smoke to enjoy it. I smoke to die" - John Green

Luca 🖤

Flick

Flick

Flick

Went Luca's bathroom light, and he switched it on, off, and back on again. The teen rubbed his face as he looked in the mirror at his dark hair and nearly dark blue eyes. Scratching his semi-toned stomach, he leaned in enough to examine his eye bags and sighed. He's attractive; at least that's what he's heard, for whatever reasons he doesn't know or care about. He finished going through his morning routine before waking his little brother.

Today was his first day of hell back at Crestview High. Luca went to for his first two years of high school, but his behavior was so "out of control" that he had to be homeschooled for a year—total bullshit.

After concluding his morning routine, he went to wake up his brother. Luca also made sure to wrap his hand before going to school.

"Hey, Leo, get up, bud. You have to get ready for school," he said softly. The toddler only mumbled a little bit, so Luca called him again.

"Luca?" the young child muttered, opening his eyes. Once fully awake, Luca bathed him and helped him brush his teeth. Afterward, the older boy let him change into some clothes while he went downstairs to pack everyone's lunch.

His other brother Leon was fifteen, but that kid could use all the help he could get so Luca packed his lunch too.

"Aye, kid, I'm leaving, don't wait up for me," his uncle called out, walking up to him. Luca continued packing Leo's lunch, praying that he would fuck off.

Since his parents died a few years earlier, Luca and his brothers were put in the custody of their uncle. Luca's older sister was lucky enough to escape the now hell hole and invited them to stay with her whenever she could. As far as Luca was concerned, this guy was barely related to him. He was technically his mother's half-brother. Luckily for Luca, his uncle was the closest relative when his parents died.

"I'm talking to you, don't make him give you bruises on the first day of school." he spat at the dark-haired boy.

"Yes, sir," Luca jeered through gritted teeth as he left. He finished getting his brothers' bags ready as he picked up his own. Wait until he turns eighteen.

He texted his friend Carter before leaving.

"C'mon! It's time to go, kids! " he yelled in Italian from the kitchen.

"I'm coming. I'm coming!" Leo squealed, running down the stairs with Leon, Luca's other younger brother, right behind him. Leon was a sophomore that acted like a 5th grader. All right, that wasn't entirely true, but in Luca's eyes, he would always be a kid, even if he had just hit puberty.

"Hey buddy, watch out," Leon warned, picking Leo up before he could fall.

"Also, I'm not a child. I'm a teenager." he protested back in their native language, dramatically wiggling his eyebrows.

"You're like fifteen. Get in the car and put Leo in his car seat," Luca replied, throwing the toddler's book bag at him.

- - -

The ride to their school wasn't a long one. It was around twelve minutes but doubled if you walked. Luca didn't mind walking, but the convenience of his car trumped the grassy breeze of the outdoors. Plus, who the fuck wasn't to walk twenty-something minutes with a four-year-old?

Leon took control of the aux as always as the black SUV fell into a comfortable silence. Finally, they arrived at the two schools and walked Leo to class.

"Bye bubbas, arrivederci." Leo shouted, running into his new class. He was going to be a ladies' man. His father said that when he was just born, all Luca saw was a purple potato-looking thing. Now that he looks more like Luca, he can see it.

---

After getting a paper copy of their schedules at the front desk, Luca decided he wanted to go to the library and sleep, and Leon wanted to go to the gym. The elementary school was only a short walk away from the cesspool Luca attended, but it started noticeably earlier.

Luca admittedly took in the school as they walked around. He was now a senior and hadn't been inside since the end of his sophomore year in the principal's office. As they were walking past the main office, Luca heard someone call his name.

"Oh, Mr. Romano, how nice to see you. Come here please." a voice belonging to the vice principal Mrs. Meyers called. A nice lady, but she's annoying... everyone is.

"Fuck." he whispered in Italian as Leon tried to cover up his laughter.

"Mrs. Meyers..." he grumbled, annoyed.

"Good morning to you, too, Mr. Romano. What perfect timing you have. I was looking for someone to show this new student around the school," she gleamed.

What the fuck? Aren't you supposed to do that shit in the summer? He thought

"-Since we were having minor renovations." she finished, answering his question.

"I'm so glad to see you back. We can set up a meeting in my office later this week. I know that you weren't here last year, but I'm sure you still remember your way around the sch-"

"I don't-" he started cutting her off.

"So, you'll do it, thank you very much," she cut him back off, smiling mockingly. He took it back. She's definitely not nice.

"So, this is Melody Davis. This is her first year here. Show her around and be nice. I'll see you, kids, around. Have a good first day, tata!" she exclaimed, showing him a girl and then soon after wandering off.

A/N: Finallyyyyy, that was the first chapter, and I'm sooooo excited. I hope you enjoyed it.

If you did, please leave a vote, comment, and share this story.

(Edited) 989 words