22| Ponder

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer someone else up."- Mark Twain

Melody🤍

Even though he wasn't suspended, Luca didn't attend school all week. It was Friday, and Mel's worry started to pile up. The day passed in a tainted blue. Carter and Melody were down, Hazel was trying to hold them together, and Jack seemed distracted.

Even though he wouldn't answer, Mel made a mental note to text Luca. Then, after saying her goodbyes, Mel headed outside.

She saw someone sitting on a bench using their phone. Without a second thought, she called out.

"Luca?" he turned around at the familiar name. Of course, he wasn't Luca, but he was... if he was like fifteen. The similarities were uncanny. He had Luca's face but swapped the dark hair with honey curls that were the most similar to Carter's. And instead of dark blue eyes, he had bright chestnut ones that matched his shoes.

"Oh, sorry. I thought you were Luca." Mel apologized, unsure of what to say.

"I'm Leonardo, the better-looking brother." He smirked, standing up

The same attitude, though, she thought

"Mmm." she nodded unconvincingly. His eyes went down to her outfit, an oversized brown hoodie, blue straight-leg jeans, and white sneakers, and widened with recognition.

"Are you having sex with Luca?"

"He- what?" Melody choked out in surprises

"That's the hoodie I dyed." He said, pointing to it

"Okay..." Mel had heard the story but didn't get the correlation

Luca refused to let Leon throw a party, so he dyed a bunch of his shit brown because he knew that was his least favorite color to wear.

"So.. did you guys, you know." he motioned with his fingers

"No- we didn't have sex," she confirmed, horrified at the sight in front of her

"Hmmm, he must like you a lot to give you his clothes, even if he doesn't like them," he said more to himself than her.

Melody raised an eyebrow at the kid

"Okay, buddy, calm down. We're just friends."

"Damn, not the friend zone," he muttered, making Melody chuckle

"Don't worry. He doesn't like me like that." She assured

"Uh huhhh... Melody?"

"Yea. How do you...?"

"Oh, I don't know." he shrugged. "Just from my brother who always talks about you but doesn't like you... I guess."

"Okay, Sherlock," she rolled her eyes, changing the subject, " I just need you to hand him this." She pulled out a folder of all the missing work Luca needed to make up.

This gesture makes Leon's eyes raise in surprise

"Maybe I was wrong. Do you like him?" the boy raised an eyebrow

"No, I'm just a bad friend worried about him."

After talking for a few more minutes, the two realized they lived closer together than they thought. So, after walking a couple of blocks together, they split off to continue their walk home.

"I guess I go this way. Nice meeting you, Leon." She pulled him into a hug

"Yeah, uh, you too," he responded, turning red in the face

"Get home safe!" Melody called out, walking away

"You too."

- - -

Mel went home and went about her usual routine; one daunting thing was on her mind. Wash day. Melody was trying out a new style, which meant she had to wash her hair. Sighing, she took out her lazy low puff and jumbo clips. After washing her hair, Melody got straight to work. She blew out her hair and proceeded to put them into medium-sized passion twists that fell to the top of her boobs.

She was grateful to have finished before 2 a.m. She made sure to secure her scarf before throwing on her bonnet and calling it a night.

- - -

Melody spent the first half of her day working, grateful that it was a slow day. As crazy as it sounds, she wasn't that happy coming back home. It felt like there was nothing there for her. She decided to call Hazel, hopeful to get outside.

The phone rang twice before she answered

"Hey babe," Hazel answered, yawning

"Hey, hey, were you sleeping?" Melody asked guiltily

"Yea it's okay though. I've been sleeping all day."

"Okay... so I guess you're not busy?"

"Nah, why?"

"You wanna come over? I'm so lonely," she dragged on fake crying

"I have to watch my brothers, but you can come over," she answered, stifling a laugh.

After a 30-minute bus ride, Melody was on Hazel's street. After a confused video call, she made it to Hazel's door.

"Damn, I thought you were gonna end up in another country."

"Shhh, this place is confusing, okay," Melody whined, making the tall girl laugh

"Yea, yea, come in."

"Thanks."

Hazel's house was everything the Asian girl pretended not to be: warm and cozy. The home was small but packed with a lot of personality. It almost reminded her of Luca's house. Making it up Hazel's room, you can see the decor before entering. The dark blue walls matched her bedsheets while art made by her and others littered the wall. There was an art station in the corner next to some cat toys.

"So, what you have been up to," Hazel asked, falling onto her bed.

"Honestly, I still feel shitty about lying to Luca. I actually met his brother today." Melody signed, spinning around in Hazel's rolly chair.

Hazel's brow raised. "Leon, right? Harlow plays volleyball with him," she said, referring to one of her younger brothers.

"Yea, wait, where are your brothers?" Melody asked, shocked at the quietness. There was ambient noise of a regular house, a TV, and the two girls talking. Other than that, the house was quiet.

"Oh, they're in their room. I made sure they would shut the fuck up," she answered, causing Melody to laugh.

"Omg, that's so mean," she cried, making Hazel shrug

A/N: Honestly, I was going to write more, but this chapter would literally be 1500 words.

Anywaysss, please like, comment and shareee

Word Count: 952 (Edited)