But fuck, he'd be a hot murderer

A V E R I E ' S   P O V

"I don't know if I even want to start seeing someone right now, after my last relationship I just-" I hesitate, not wanting to even think about him.

Mia and I are on our lunch break. I eventually told her about Spencer asking me out after she pestered me that whole day about 'who put crack In your coffee in morning' because, apparently, according to her I had that 'creepy smile' plastered on my face again.

I still refuse to believe I did, but she sure seemed to get a kick out of it.

She pushes her food tray away from her. "Averie, just go out with him. You said he was cute, what's the worst that can happen?"

"He could be a murderer." I take a bite out of my apple, contemplating. "But fuck, he'd be a hot murder."

The standards are low ladies and gentlemen.

"See! You want to go out with him!" She exclaims, pointing an accusing finger at me.

Okay, maybe I do.

No. I definitely do.

"He hasn't even called yet!"

That's true. I'm starting to think he won't even call. It's been over a week since I gave him my number.

I didn't even get his number, not that I'd call him first or anything. I got nervous enough when he asked me out, I don't think I could call him first.

"He will call! you're hot as fuck. Even I'd call you and I'm painfully straight." she teases, no shame whatsoever.

I roll my eyes and nudge her arm silently telling her to speak lower. She said that last sentence a bit to loud.

A few heads in the cafeteria turned which I tried to ignore and change the topic. "Enough about my non existent dating life what about you?"

"As much as I would love to talk about my also non existent dating life, my breaks up." She gets up from her chair, grabbing her empty tray. "I'll see you up there."

I wave her off and sit in the cafeteria finishing my apple, I still have fifteen more minutes of my break.

Just when I was about to clear my things away, my phone rings and an unknown number flashes across the screen.

"Hello?" I question.

"Hey uh em-" He stumbles over his words. "It's Spencer. Sorry I didn't call sooner, I was out of town."

"Ah, I'm guessing your calling to take up your offer on apologising."

"Exactly that. I was thinking I could take you out for dinner tonight, around 7?"

"I suppose that's the least you could do" I  tease.

"Great I'll pick you up?"

"Yeah, I'll send you my address."

I can't help the smile across my face when we ends the call. I quickly save his number and text him my address.

This is the first date I've been on in years. I haven't dated since my ex. And well me and my ex never really went on dates.

We started dating my sophomore year of college, we went on dates for a while when we were first together, but I guess we got comfortable and the novelty wore off.

When you're with someone for nearly three years I guess everything nearly wears off.

I shake my head to get rid of my thoughts of him.