I prefer Dr. Perfect househusband

A V E R I E ' S   P O V

"Ahh."

I squeal to myself and do a little happy dance in my seat when I pull up into the driveway, already seeing Spencer's car parked outside. This is the best possible way to end my day after the twelve hour shift I just worked.

I'm unlocking the front door a few seconds later, kicking off my shoes, dropping my bag and throwing my keys on the side table before I follow the sound of Spencer moving around in the kitchen.

"Honey, I'm homeeee."

He turns at the teasing tone in my voice, putting the cooking utensils down on the counter when a huge grin lights across his face. I'm in his arms before I can even blink, burying my head in the crook of his neck when I melt completely into him.

Spencer's hands slide down my sides and around the back of my thighs when he picks me up with ease. My legs wind around his waist when I dip my head and connect our lips for the first time in ten days.

"Hi baby," He mumbles against my lips, not ready to let go yet. "I missed you."

Spencer's been away on one of the longer cases the team has had to work, non stop for ten whole days before they caught the unsub. I stirred awake the night he got called away to him urgently packing his go bag, telling me the case involved kids before he quickly kissed me goodbye and ran out the door.

Spencer's now holding me as close as he can.. yet there's still some distance between us. Realising what it is, the kiss breaks because we're both smiling so hard and both our eyes fall to the bump.

I'm five months in a few days and can definitely confirm that in the past few weeks, the bump had doubled in size. I actually look pregnant now, not just like I'm bloated all the time.

Spencer sets me gently down on the countertop, lifting up my shirt and kissing my stomach repeatedly. "It's so crazy to think the pregnancy is already halfway over."

"Don't remind me," I chuckle, letting my head fall back. "I physically don't think I can get any bigger."

Spencer laughs. "I personally think you should get as chubby as possible so we get a chunky baby. How cute would that be?"

I try to hide the smile on my face but I don't think I can. Chubby babies are so cute.

"Do you know what's better?" I ask, leaning back on my palms and breathing in the amazing scent wafting through the kitchen. "That smell."

"It's almost done.." Spencer chuckles, walking back over to the stove. "I know you're going to love it."

Since I was craving it so much, Spencer had Rossi teach him step by step how exactly to make his pasta carbonara and I will forever be grateful that I now can have it whenever I want.

"You are the perfect househusband."

Spencer snorts, turning around and pointing the spatula at me. "Actually I prefer Dr. Perfect househusband, thank you very much."

"I should get you an apron," I say, tilting my head and admiring the back of him. "And you should wear nothing but it when you're cooking."

Spencer continues to stir the pasta in the pot, casting me a teasing look over his shoulder. "How about one of those French maid outfits?"

"Oo," My eyes widen and I straighten. "Can I please get you one of those?"

Spencer purses his lips, looking like he's actually considering it. His eyes lift to mine when he says, "Only if you model it for me."