You remembered pants this time

A V E R I E ' S   P O V

I may or may not be limping a little bit today.

Totally worth it.

I express shipped the first bed I seen on Amazon last night so it would arrive today, and I had a not so pleasant reminder to always read the fine print when the bed showed up at my door this morning in about fifty different boxes.

Okay, fifty is a bit of an exaggeration, it was more like six different boxes, but still.

After getting all the boxes inside and tucking the broken bed away in the corner, Spencer and I get to work on building the new one.

We're sitting on my bedroom floor, surrounded by screws, bolds and wooden pieces and I have no idea where they go.

"Where's your Philips head screwdriver?" Spencer asks.

"Go to the living room," I say and he nods, standing up. "Go out the door, down the stairs to the parking lot," His brows crease as he makes his way to the door, still listening intently. "Then get in the car and drive to the hardware store."

I resist the urge to burst out laughing at the way his face drops and he scoffs, walking back over to me. "You don't have a Philips head screwdriver?"

"Spencer," I deadpan. "I don't even know what that is, why would I need one?"

He throws his hands up, "For situations like this?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," I clutch my hand to my chest. "I didn't really anticipate you breaking my fucking bed."

That smug smile reappears on his face again, the same one that made an appearance this morning when he realised I was waddling instead of walking.

"It's okay," He shakes his proud smirk away, pulling out the instructions. His eyes roam the page at lightning speed, "I think we can do it without it."

-

"No," I huff, looking down at the instructions. "I'm telling you, this screw goes in this side."

"It doesn't," Spencer protests, pointing to the complete other end. "It goes in the frame up here."

"Spencer, look I'm telling you it goes in-"

"-Averie, baby. You're holding the instructions upside down."

"Oh." I flip the instructions right side up, catching the amusement filling Spencer's eyes over the page. "Don't say it." I warn.

He grins. "I told you so."

I pick up the nearest pillow from the floor beside me and launch it at his head.

Dick.

He dodges the pillow, laughing at me. I cross my arms over my chest. "Don't laugh at me."

"Aw, I'm sorry." He coos, still laughing.

"You can't laugh at me when I'm mad at you."

"You're mad at me because you were wrong?"

My shoulders lift in a shrug. "Exactly."

He narrows his eyes at me. "Are we in a fight?"

I match his expression. "I guess so."

He pouts. "So no new bed sex?"

My back hits the wooden floor when I fall against it, letting out an exaggerated sigh. "There isn't going to be a new bed at this rate."