Kisses

Aether awoke with a yawn. In the midst of his stretch, he felt something gently wrapped around his bare waist shift from his movement.

This made him look down to see his adeptus friend sound asleep next to him.

You may be wondering how the two friends ended up like this.

Well...

10 Hours Before

Aether just finished his final commission of the day. It ended up being a quite difficult one actually.

He had to defeat a camp that consisted of around 20 hilichurls, lawachurls, and abyss mages all together.

  He was covered in bruises an cuts from the battle, but nothing severe.

He was on his way back to Liyue to get something to eat and to collect his commission rewards from Katheryne.

It was the closest from where his last commission of the day was after all.

He didn't even need to teleport there since it was so close.

After all he's been through today, he just wanted to eat something and throw himself onto a nice warm bed at Wangshuu Inn.

He'd have to teleport there once he's done.

In honesty though, he has been spending more and more of his time in Liyue than in Mondstat.

Whenever he thought that out loud, Paimon would insist that it was because of his little crush on a certain Yaksha.

He's always denies it with a flushed face of course.

He was brought out of his thoughts by his traveling companion, Paimon.

"So, what're we gonna get to eat? Paimon wants some Fisherman's Toast! Mmmm~"

He chuckled at her usual antics.

"Sure, Paimon. We'll get some."

"Then afterwards, we're going to Wangshu Inn, right?" she asked with a sly wiggle of her eyebrows.

Aether chose to ignore her intentions behind that and just answered with his normal tone, or at least, as much as he could muster without his voice cracking in embarrassment.

"Of course. We go there everyday after all."

"Yup. Paimon knew it. After all, you go there just to see Xiao. All you do is blush and look at him in awe all day."

He flushed at her words this time and looked away, but didn't say anything.

"That's right! Paimon noticed you checking him out when you ask him to demonstrate certain attacks for you! I also caught you staring at his lips multiple times!"

At this point, he quickly turned to cover her mouth in a desperate attempt to shut her up before all of Liyue finds out.

She dodged him of course and just floated higher.

"What? Did Paimon say something embarrassing?"

"S-shut it, Paimon. What if someone hears?" he asked as he whipped his head back and forth while looking around for people.

"You ARE in love!", she shouted, "That's ADORABLE! Paimon is 100% supportive!"

"You're in love with who?"

The voice made Aether jump with a slight yelp, that even he was surprised by while Paimon continued to smirk at him as it contorted into one of evil.