College

Aether was rushing down the hall trying to get to his class that started in...

He looked down at his phone screen.

'1 MINUTE?!'

He better get there, and quick.

He's been late so much lately that he was sure he'd be kicked out of this class before the year was out.

He couldn't let that happen. He promised his parents that he'd graduate college.

He promised them after his sister Lumine decided that college wasn't for her.

It was more like it was forced onto him, but he didn't want to disappoint them.

He was their oldest after all.

  He continued to race down the hall seeing as how he now only had 20...19...18 seconds left.

  There was another reason why he didn't want to miss this class and risk getting kicked out.

  There was a certain student that has been his focal of attention since he first arrived at this school.

  He was friends with him, but nothing more.

  He was a gentle soul that made him feel like he was flying.

  He looks like he could kill you if you even look in his direction the wrong way, but he was nothing of the sort.

  'I guess looks really can be deceiving.'

  He goes by the name Xiao.

  Aether found that out soon after moving here and being assigned to this class.

  He remembered first walking into the school and feeling out of place.

  He couldn't take his eyes off the ground because, of course, he had anxiety.

  Once he was taken to the classroom that he was to be assigned, he finally worked up the courage to look up.

  He wanted to get to know the names and faces of his new main room classmates, after all.

  After scanning the classroom, on particular pair of eyes caught his attention.

  He met eyes with the gentle, yet fierce golden orbs that belonged to Xiao.

  All of that anxiety was ushered away.

His gaze was so gentle as he stared up at Aether with curiosity.

  Aether would never forget that gaze for the rest of his life.

  In fact, he started thinking about that troublesome gaze too much as time moved forward.

  Especially after they became friends and grew closer to one another.

  He started having dreams about the person that gaze belonged to and it was becoming a problem.

  He started getting way too distracted with his work.

  All he thinks about is Xiao.

  Being friends with him wasn't enough for Aether. He wanted more.

He knew that people found it wrong and would judge him, but he couldn't help it.

It did feel strange to him at first, seeing as how it was a completely new feeling to him.

It was especially weird that he felt that way towards another male.

  He knew that most people despised it. Hell, even his own parents did.