A Caring Touch

Aether took a deep breath as he finally arrived back at the nation that he missed dearly. After all, his dear yaksha resided here.

  After everything he's been through in Inazuma, he was so ready to see his lover again. He missed his touch and how it never failed to make him feel at ease.

  He began walking to the building where he knew his lover was; or at least where he was going to be after he finished his "conquering of demons".

  He was talking with his companion Paimon who has been with him his entire journey so far and was the closest person he had besides his yaksha as they made their way to the infamous Wangshu Inn.

  She reminded him a lot of his sister and how she would never fail to make sure a smile was etched onto his delicate features.

  He wasn't sure if they'd ever be as close as they once were after he finally found her, only for her to reveal that she was part of the dark abyss order that he had been fighting against this whole journey.

  Her words repeated in his head daily.

  "I won't stop til' my fate with destiny is sealed."

  "You'll understand why I'm doing all of this at the end of your journey Aether."

  "We have enough time. After all, we have always had enough time."

  Whenever he would have nightmares because of those memories, Xiao, his dear yaksha and lover, would always comfort him afterwards as he would wail in pain and cling to him like he was his last lifeline.

  He would assure him that everything would get better with time, and he'd always be by his side to help him through any obstacle that came his way.

  Aether sighed, catching Paimon's attention as she turned to her friend in worry. "Are you ok, Aether?"

  Said boy looked up at her and smiled softly. "Yes, I'm ok Paimon. Just lost in thought a little."

  At this, Paimon smirked at the blonde boy walking next to her. "You're thinking about Xiao, aren't you?"

  Aether flushed as he looked away to avoid the smug smirk that was morphed onto her face, as she could read her friend very easily.

  She laughed at her friend's embarrassment. "You guys are so cute that it's disgusting."

  "Is that supposed to be a compliment?" Aether asked.

  "Hmm," was all he got in response.

  He chuckled as they continued walking and before long, they finally reached their destination. Walking up to the elevator, wanting to take a break from all the walking, they reached the floor where Verr Goldett was.

  They got off the elevator and walked up to her desk and greeted her.

  "Hello Aether, Paimon. Long time no see. How were your adventures in Inazuma?"

  Aether smiled a lopsided smile as he said, "I'd rather not discuss the details right now, I'm exhausted..."

  Goldett let out a soft sigh with a smile in understanding, "So I'm guessing that your here for the Conqueror of Demons?"

  Aether nodded with a small pink hue now added to his cheeks as the mere mention of his lover made his stomach swirl with butterflies.

  "Yeah. I am."

  "Well, he should be upstairs in his room at the moment. He just got back from demon hunting a little while ago. He might be patching himself up cause, not to cause any panic of any type, but he came in quite injured."