Cuddles

Aether woke up with a groan. As he began to take in his surroundings, he noticed that he wasn't in his usual camp set up that he makes every night once he starts to feel drowsy.

  He didn't even know where he was until he caught a glimpse of the morning sun highlighting the mountains through the doorway he was looking through.

  After his senses started coming back, he saw that there was a balcony that was tinted orange from the morning sun's rays.

'I must be at the Wangshuu Inn balcony where Xiao usually is.'

  He moved to sit up, which proved to be too much for his aching head as it released a large throb to pulse through his head.

  He instantly laid back down with a slight whimper.

  How did he end up at Wangshu Inn on the floor where Xiao's room was at?

  What even happened last night? It's all a blur...

  "Hey, traveler. Are you alright?", The soft voice of none other than the vigilant yaksha that was now staring down at Aether as he moved to sit at the foot of the bed where he was currently resting.

  "Why am I here? What happened?"

  Aether asked as he watched Xiao reach for a cool clothe that he moved to place onto Aether's forehead.

  "I don't know. I was out on patrol when I saw you lying unconscious in a pile of grass near a hilichurul camp. When I saw you, I immediately bright you here. Do you remember why you were there?"

  Xiao spoke as he adjusted the clothe; being careful not to agitate the wounds that lie there, littering parts of his face.

  He continued to check on the other bruises and scars that littered his arms and other limbs as Aether responded to his question.

  "I...I think it was a commission? I don't know. It's still foggy."

  "Did you hit your head at all?", Xiao asked as he moved his hands to run them through Aether's hair to check for any bumps or trauma he may have missed.

Aether relaxed at the touch, liking the feeling of Xiao's hands running through his hair.

He gave a sad sigh as Xiao slowly pulled away to continue examining his body for more injuries.

  "No. I don't think so..."

  "I think you did. That could be why the memory is not clear to you."

  "Yeah. Maybe. I do get myself into a lot of dangerous situations while adventuring."

  Aether let out a nervous laugh as he said that, hoping to release the tension he can feel building in Xiao's gaze as he stared at him.

  "That's why you need to be more careful, Aether."

  Oh, he was in trouble now. The use of his real name instead of the usual 'traveler' when he said nonchalant stuff like that after getting hurt never meant anything good.

  "...Sorry."

  Xiao sighed as he suddenly moved his arms under Aether's back and gently pulled him up; hugging him.

  "Uh, Xiao?"

  "Shhhh. Let me enjoy this."

So, instead, Aether wrapped his arms around him to return the hug as he moved to gently place a kiss onto Xiao hair.

This was a rare sight to see from Xiao. He wasn't really a touchy-feely person.

So when this happens, Aether likes to make the most of it by teasing him a little.

"Were you scared because I was hurt?"

The vigilant yaksha tensed a little at Aether's question.

"A little. I was just surprised to see you lying unconscious and motionless on the ground near a hilichurul camp. I instantly thought the worst..."

"Awe. That's sweet of you. I'm right here and there's nothing to fear. Ok? Thanks for saving me. My hero~"

Xiao flushed at Aether's words.

"N-no problem. I couldn't just leave you there anyway."

  After a few minutes of staying like that, Aether eruptly fell back, still holding on to Xiao so that he would fall onto Aether's chest at the sudden movement.

  "I like this better. I like holding you close to me.", Aether flushed, hoping that the position wasn't too much for Xiao and that he wouldn't pull away like he usually would whenever Aether tried to have skinship with him.

  But to his surprise, he didn't pull away. Xiao just looked up at him with his face tinted a dark red color.

  "Ok. I suppose we can stay like this for awhile longer. It might help you fall back asleep to recover properly."

  He buried his face into Aether's chest once more while Aether chuckled at his shyness and just pulled his lover closer.

  "We should do this more often."

  Xiao huffed out an annoyed sigh before answering.

  "Maybe."

—————
Hey guys! I know this was kinda short, but I just wanted to get an actual chapter of sorts in here before this story starts to get reads and/or requests! I hope you liked it and make sure to leave feedback, your thoughts, and requests on the comments!