Names

"They share your code," Matthew hummed watching the three boys.

   Matt shifted uncomfortably. He didn't like leaving them alone in that room. They were so young. Stars this is gonna become a thing... "Yes."

   Mattie paced the hallway with a sigh. "Their virus is imbedded into their code. Its a small one but there's no way to remove it without corrupting their core code."

   "Is it contagious?"

   "No. It seems Devious was trying to create a personal virus. He wanted to create a weapon." Mattie ran his fingers though his hair.

   "They're just kids." Matt sighed quietly.

   "I know... Listen... Ill talk to mum and dad tomorrow. I need to get home. Karma can't watch Rune and Cypher for long." Mattie sighed.

   "What about them?" Matt asked.

   Mattie looked through the window. "I don't know."

   "We can't leave them in there alone."

   Mattie gripped his hair. "Keep them company until we figure out what to do with them."

   Matt nodded and went to open the door and head inside. "Boys."

   All three looked up. Three crossed his arms and huffed. One and Two gave smiles and waves. "So now what..?"

   "I don't know. Mattie is gonna talk to the king and queen and figure out what to do." Matthieu sat down near them.

   "Okay..." One muttered quietly.

   "You're gonna get rid of us aren't you?" Three huffed glaring at him.

   Matt was shocked. "No. Not if I can help it." He didn't realize how much he already meant it. Oh stars he already was attached.

   Three went slightly wide eyed and then he looked away.

   "...Can I ask you boys some questions?"

   Two nodded a bit crossing his legs. "Okay."

   "How old are you? Do you know?"

   "Uhm... We woke up a couple days ago..." Two murmured.

   "Our physical bodies are 12," One answered.

   So young. "Do you boys really not have names..?"

   Two and One shook their heads.

   "What do the letters after your numbers mean?" Matthieu continued.

   "It's the strain of virus the doctor used. Nano virus, Kion virus, and Xian virus." One answered. He was intelligent.

   "Interesting. What about those? We can call you those instead of the numbers." Matt smiled.

   Nano hummed in thought. "I like that."

   Kion grinned. "Me too!!! What about you Xian?"

   Xian huffed. "I prefer my number."

   Matt sighed. Xian was going to be difficult. He could figure it out.

   Kion yawned and rubbed at his eyes.

   "You should get some sleep." Matt hummed looking over the boys. "I'll wake you when something happens."

   Nano and Kion agreed and went to rest on the fold out beds.

   Xian made no effort to move. He curled closer in on himself and stared at Matt with calculating eyes.

   Matt sighed and floated closer. "Let me see your hand."

   "No."

   "Please? I want to make sure you don't have glass in that cut."

   Xian hissed softly but held his hand out. The cut sliced across his palm deeply and was turning an angry red. It was infected.

   "This needs to be cleaned."

   Xian glared still his arm rigid. "No."

   "At least let me bandage it?"

   Xian looked away. "Fine. Whatever."

   Matt smiled and went to grab the first aid kit. He wrapped Xian's hand carefully. "You should rest too."

   "I gotta watch out for my brothers."

   Matt smiled. "You don't need to worry. I'll watch over you three."

   Xian looked skeptical but he yawned. He huffed. "Fine... only because I'm tired." He laid down to rest.

   Matt watched over the three with a calm smile. He decided right then that he would vouch for them. He'd take care of them. They'll be alright.