Decode

"I'm sorry you got hurt..." Matthieu murmured quietly holding Taylors hand. They were in the medical center now. After the boys went unconscious things quieted down. Everyone was shaken up and they didn't know how to deal with it. 

   Mattie sealed the rift that once was Devious after discovering that Devious was actually gone for good. 

   "Dearest I'm alright. How are the boys? Still in quarantine?" Taylor asked with a smile. He had bandages around his head and a cast on his arm. The rubble had practically crushed it. 

   "They're out now but they're still really weak." Matt sighed. He had visited them yesterday. That's where he was going after this. 

   "Are you alright?" Taylor stroked a thumb over Matts hand. He had noticed the scorch mark on Matt's back. Xian's beam broke right through his shirt to his flesh. Even in his ghostly status it left a mark. Good to know the boys could actually physically injure him. 

   "I'm fine. Just a burn. I was just shocked that it actually hurt..." Matt sighed and pressed a kiss to Taylors head.

   Taylor smiled. "How's the prince doing?" No matter what Matt couldn't break him of that habit. It was always "the prince" never by name. 

   "His leg is pretty busted up but other than that okay. The healers have enough to worry about." He smiled and sighed. He had to go back out there to get to the boys. 

   Taylor frowned. "You have that look again. What that guard said was way out of line."

   Matt didn't have the heart to argue. Terrance had been right. Matt did cause way to many problems to be pardoned. Even if Terrance was cruel that was no excuse. He gave a noncommittal hum and stood. "Ill be back before tonight love."

   Taylor watched after his ghostly husband and sighed. "Bye. I love you."

   "Love you too." Matt murmured leaving the room.

   There was a scream a ways down. A young scream. Matt jolted into action and sprinted down the hall. "Boys!"

   He slid into the room to see Terrance holding Xian up by his hair. "These little bastards caused this. Mistakes latch onto more mistakes." 

   "Let him go. He's just a boy." Matt snarled anger bubbling inside him. 

   Xian was flushed with fever still and sweating. He was pale and trembling with his hair slicked to his forehead. The sickness still hadn't cleared from their sudden forced transformation. "Dad-"

   Matts soul lurched as he snarled at Terrance. "Release him. Now."

   "Why? These little rats will serve the death sentence along with you." Terrance hissed. "Ill tear your code all apart. All four of you. And then theres no more need to worry." He opened a code window and began to click around.

   Matt panicked and jolted forward reaching for Xian. He collapsed to the ground with a blood curling scream. He clutched at his abdomen and screamed. His soul burned and his ears filled with the familiar static. This is it. He's being deleted for good. 

   "Dad!" The faint cry was the last thing Matt heard.