One in the Same

"You want us to do what!?" Xian hissed glaring up at the spirit.

   Matt winced as his voice echoed off the walls. "Testify against Devious. Get him put away and you three are free to my care because of our shared code. I can train you and–"

   "And treat us like we're dangerous? Like were some lab experiment? Be just like the doctor!" Kion huffed glaring at him. He was so kind before...

   Nano simply cowered behind his brothers.

  Matt flinched. "No! You aren't lab experiments! You're real little kids with real feelings!"

   "Oh yeah sure real. You would know about that spectre." Xian snapped.

   That cut much deeper than it should have. He looked away. "I do know. I know because I wasn't born either. I was made."

   Nano gasped and peaked out from behind his younger brothers. "What?"

   "But that's impossible. The doctor told us he took code from you because–" Xian started.

   "Because I was artificially made. Using magic. When Mattie was born there was a virus attached to his code. His power was insane and hard to control. The Virus sapped at it and got rid of what we call the lost generation. Mattie got lonely. And he made me. And the Virus attached itself to me instead. It drove me insane and I hurt a lot of people. The Omniverse was divided. Eventually Mattie stopped me and I've been a spirit ever sense. Devious used my DNA because he wanted a weapon like me. One that he could control. Three that he could control."

   Nano was leaning into the explanation with wide eyes. "Dis that really happen...?"

   "The doctor... the doctor said he used your code because it was the closest he could get to the prince... " Kion wiped his eyes. "He lied to us."

   "He was a very very bad man. And we want to put him in jail. I want to help you three. But you have to help me help you." Matthieu sighed looking at the youngest.

   Xian looked away with a scoff. Tears glittered in the corner of his eye. "Fine... Whatever."

   Matt sighed softly and smiled. "Good. Were on the same page then. The trial starts tomorrow. In the mean time.... How would you three like to get out of this room?"

   Nanos eyes glittered. "Can we see the castle? I've heard the archives are amazing. Actually I haven't but I would assume."

   "Sure.. We can see the archives. " He hummed ruffling Nanos hair.

   "What about the knights?! Can we see them!?" Kion chirped wiping his eyes more.

   Matt hesitated on that one. "I suppose. We can do that."

   Nano grinned rugging on his brothers hospital gown. "What do you want to do?"

   "Get new clothes..." He muttered quietly.

   The spirit smiled. "We can do that."