Court

Sure. I know about court cases. Np. 

   "Dr. Ethan Devious. You have been brought before the council of Watchers on the accusation of messing with virus's and encryptions to create these three." James began sitting at the center outer circle. Charlene sat to one side and Mattie to the other. Matt sat down below on the court floor as the voice of the people. Everyone else was scattered in the viewing areas. Taylor was sitting with the boys. Matthieu was very thankful for that. 

   "How do you plead?" Matthew asked staring down at Devious who was sitting far below chained to the table. 

   Devious opened his mouth to speak. The door opened. "He pleads not guilty." 

   Matthieu looked up. Oh no. This just got so much messier. So much more difficult. 

   Terrance. The defense.

   "Why is he here?" I was on my feet in an instant.

   Charlene gave a tight smile. "It's tradition to have a defense spokesperson. He happened to be the only one that stepped up to defend Dr. Devious." 

   "Sit down Matthieu." 

   I sank back in my seat with fear beginning to gnaw at me. What does Terrance have planned? How is this going to pan out for the boys? For Taylor? For Mattie? For myself?

   "We can begin the court session now your majesty." Terrance gave a small smirk. "But before that... I have something to say. Respectfully your majesty."

   James looked down in though. "Go on."

   The king just sealed Matthieu's tomb. 

   "Your majesty. My client has done nothing wrong. He created life. Much like your oldest son did. In fact. Almost exactly as he did. Taking the code from one thing and building on it to create something new. Although in both cases the results were flawed." 

   "You take that back!" Taylor snapped standing up.

   Terrance huffed. "Rephrase." 

   "Sit down Tyalor." The king said an edge to his voice as he never looked away from Terrance. The guard was getting on his nerves but if he shut him up he would be seen as abusing his power.

   "There were complications in both cases. A virus infected Matthew's creation that ultimately almost lead to the destruction of our entire way of life and drove the crown prince away from the center of the Omniverse as well as broke the Omniverse entirely." Terrance stared right through Matthieu's core. 

   Matt swallowed thickly frozen to the spot. He heard the murmurs. Terrance was painting him in a bad light. And the people were listening. 

   "Dr. Devious simply did what your son did except more controlled. He knew what he was doing when he implemented the virus unlike your son who was a child and let his creation get out of control. That won't happen with my clients creations. With the proper training they can be useful." Terrance hummed. 

   Matt felt his hands shake. He didn't like the way Terrance said training. That training would be hell. He was absolutely sure of it.

   "Furthermore, why are we having this trial anyway? We have already shown that there is a clear level of favoritism within the justice system." Terrance glared right at Matt. "If we don't have a trial for all villians, why have one for an innocent man?" 

   "That's enough." James finally cut in but it was too late. Matt could hear the murmurings. His coffin was sealed. 

   "Your majesty. I was simply stating why let the murderer free but the good scientist live out a life sentence. It comes to reason that perhaps the attack on our kingdom from the "virus" could also have been the murderers actions. He was nowhere to be seen during this time and suddenly he returns with one of the Lost Generation after the end of the war. Suspicious." Terrance had completely turned this against Matt.

   "That is enough!!! This is Dr. Devious' trial not Matthieus." James was furious. "Sit down Mr. Frivolous." 

   Terrance gave a short bow to the king. "Of course your majesty."

   Matt ducked away from the stares. This was bad. Very bad. They all agreed with Terrance. He stood no chance.