2. Shirley temples

PLAY THIS SONG WHEN YOU SEE (*)

Nova

Tony, my best friend and I are going out.

I do not want to go out.

She had found a new club she wanted to try. It was on the upper east side of New York. She had been begging me to go with her for weeks, and I finally, reluctantly, agreed. I like going out, it's fun and exciting. 

I just don't like the empty feeling I get after. But tonight, I want to let loose. I've had a stressful past few weeks and though I'm not one to 'party my problems away', I still could use some fun. 

Life gets a little boring when you're stuck with rich pricks who call themselves men and continuously try to mansplain what you learned in law school a year ago. I truly hate whoever made guys think them and their penises were the best things ever. Ugh, get a grip! 

Maybe it's also just new york. I only moved here a couple of months ago and the biggest thing I've learned is that men who still live with their mommy have the biggest goddamn ego. Tony came over 3 hours ago to get ready at my apartment. It was now 8:30, and she had finally finished my make-up.

Thank god. Homegirl loves redoing everything when she makes one small mistake. I love her though- even if I think she's rubbing my skin off because she's using her 10th make-up remover wipe on my face.

"Do you think we'll meet a celebrity?" She asks as she blows access eye shadow from a make-up brush. I smell her expensive scent but comforting scent.

I laugh, "Ugh, I hope not. I don't feel like rejecting another one." I'm being sarcastic, of course. The closest I've gotten to meeting a celebrity is when I was on campus and fancy people would visit. I've also stood frozen on the sidewalk a few times because there are obviously celebs in new york, but never have I had a close encounter. 

"I know! The last one started crying and ended up writing a song about me. So annoying," she goes along with it. 

"I know! You'd think they'd have more composure," I continue.

"It's alright," she says. "He sends me a weekly check for credit." 

"It's the least he could do," I shake my head with a smile on my lips. Tony has been my best friend for 4 years. We met in college, and now, we live 10 minutes away from each other.

We have 2 other girls in our friend group, but Tony is definitely who I'm was closest to.

She hands me a small mirror with a large smile on her glossy, red lips.

"You look so hot right now!" she exclaims. 

I stare at the reflection. I normally have difficulty recognizing myself. Make-up makes it even worse. But tonight I feel confident... a little nervous, but confident. If I don't get hit on tonight then it's proof the world has been wronged.

I look at the matte bright red lipstick that coats my lips and the dark Smokey-eye making my brown eyes pop. There's no denying Tony's exceptional talent when it comes to make-up.

"Do you like it?" Tony asked with a wide grin, already knowing the answer.

"I guess," I joke.

She rolls her eyes and playfully snatches the mirror from my hand, "That's just you." She slides her long red hair to one side.

I wave my hand as if waving off the accusation.

Tony's hot. She's wearing a white halter mini dress and white strappy heels, she paired the white with gold jewelry and gold eye make-up. Her flaming red hair is done in a half-up-half-down ponytail.