24. Roma's birthday party

Bet you never thought you would see this day haha. Like, vote, comment. (Be nice) but still tell me if it sucks pls (:

(above is the pic of her dress for the party)

__________________

Nova

I hate the feeling of forgetting something... especially when you wake up with the feeling. As I go through my morning, I try to recall the big things I have going on today. I think it's just my nerves acting up because It's a pretty big day.

It's Roma's surprise party and I'm decorating and picking up a few snacks. I think about everything that needs to get picked up as I strip off my clothes from last night that I got too lazy to fully take off before getting in bed. I even text Violet and Tony to remind them of what they need to do.

A huge problem for me is how unorganized my personal life is. It's why I hate feeling like I'm forgetting something because there's a 90% chance that I am forgetting something... and it's probably a huge thing.

When I step out of the shower, I realize it's most likely my overthinking. Sighing, I quickly throw on some underwear and a baggy shirt before I go into my kitchen to make something to eat.

Recently, I've been craving blueberries so I've just been buying a shit ton to stock up. I know it's gonna end really badly when I get tired of them and can't even stand looking at them but for now, I'm enjoying them.

Before I can even fully get the blueberries into my bowl, I hear 3 knocks on my door. I groan. It's too damn early to have to put up with my very annoying neighbors who think it's okay to ask me about every inconvenience they experience.

Rolling my eyes, I force a smile as I swing open my door and quickly feel my face and heart drop when I see the person on the other end. Realization suddenly floods me just as quickly as the heat goes up my bare legs and into my face. I pinch my eyes, close the door, and quickly run around my apartment trying to get it as clean as possible as fast as possible.

I swear someone should've given me one of those Olympic medals for speed-cleaning. I also grab the first pair of pants I see which are a pair of baggy shorts that are most definitely being put on backward as I try hopping to the door while also trying to slide them onto my legs. I take a deep breath before I open my door and pray that he's still there. 

I open the door with a weary smile, looking up at his unamused face. "I forgot you were gonna be here," I say sheepishly.

"You were the one who told me to be here," he says with narrow eyes. I don't miss that he lets his eyes trail up my legs and I feel my skin heat.

"Right," I nod, not giving further explanation.

"Are you gonna let me in or do you plan on closing the door again?" he questions with just a little bit of an attitude. "You can stare from inside too."

Ugh, rude. Who pissed in his cereal this morning. "I guess you can come in," I say, trying to joke but not sure that it comes out that way.

He walks in, taking a split second to look around before his eyes land back on me. Now that I can fully see him, I take notice that he's wearing blue jeans and a black sweater with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, his silver chain, and a few rings.

Realizing that I probably look like I actually took him up on the offer to stare at him inside, I decide to finally speak because that's what normal people do. "Do you want something to eat?"

By now, he's leaning his shoulder against the wall, looking at some of the pictures on the wall... specifically, one that Tony took of me laughing my ass off because Violet got too drunk and asked a random red-head for a picture because she thought he was Ed Sheeran. I look stupid in the photo bc my hair is all messed but I hung it up bc of how happy I look. He turns to look at me, almost like he's comparing the way I look now to the way I look in the picture. "I'm good," he says, and I nod.