14. Questions About Love

I promise I don't hate red-heads- nor do I have anything against Ed Sheeren... I promise.

Vote, comment, and follow me :)

_________________________________________

Nova

I hop on one foot, forcing my other foot into a tight pair of shoes. My phone rings for the third time in 10-minutes.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck," I mutter as I hop.

I let out a sigh of relief when my foot goes into the shoe and rush to get my phone.

"I'm coming!" I exclaim as I grab my keys and look for my wallet.

"You said that 30-minutes ago," Violet groans.

"I'm leaving my apartment right now," I console.

"Get your ass out here in the next 10-minutes, or I'm leaving," she warns.

"Okay, okay, okay," I say, locking my apartment and running to the elevator.

I make it out in time and give Violet a sweet smile as I enter her car.

"You're lucky I like you," she points her finger at me.

"So very lucky," I agree as I buckle my seatbelt.

She sighs before driving.

Violet is the worst driver to exist. I tightly hold on to the strap of my seatbelt as she swerves past cars.

Normally, music makes me calm and distracted, but I feel like paying attention to the music she's blasting instead of focusing on the road will end up making us crash.

Luckily the drive is short.

I quickly jump out of the car when she parks- making sure I'm stable on my legs.

The weather is cloudy with a breeze, and I'm wearing a polo long-sleeved button-up with some blue jeans.

Violet is wearing a sweater and some blue jeans.

We walk into the store and look through the racks.

The store is a basic thrift store: things on display everywhere and messy racks.

Violet and I catch up. Talking about work, her girlfriend, and if I plan on talking to the girl who gave me her number.

I like shopping with Violet since we have the same style.

"I don't understand why you won't just text the girl," she says.

"It's not that I don't want to," I shrug. "I just don't think I'm ready for a relationship."

"It wouldn't have to be a relationship," she says.

I look at her, "Things like that always turn into a relationship."

"Maybe by then, you would be ready for one."

I shake my head.

She looks at me, "Nova, you've been saying that for as long as I've known you."

I shrug, "I'm a woman of my word."

"Just tell her you don't want anything serious," Violet says. "If she understands, then take it slow."

"What if she doesn't understand?" I sigh.

"Then you delete her contact and move on." Violet shrugs.

I smile, "You've been in a good relationship for 3 years."