25. Liar, Liar, pants on fire

Hey (: I know this is late but I always underestimate how much I'm going to write. You all need to promise that you will put your full trust in me with this one. This is a filler chap (: I made sure I'd have both chapters come out at once so y'all wouldn't be upset, so ur welcome <3

also that's her dress. if you don't like it, i promise no one's holding a gun against u and telling you to imagine it. imagine what you want, y'all bc i always get comments acting like y'all are forced to imagine this stuff 💀 if you have something else in mind, go ahead and imagine it!!

____________

Nova

Monday- the day after the party

My eyes open to a dark room and my head starts to hurt immediately. I blink a few times trying to gain some conscience and remember the moments leading up to how I got in bed. I turn to the side for more comfort and a very familiar scent that seems to be lingering on my bed makes every memory from last night fall in place. Theo.

I remember how hurt I felt when I thought he wouldn't show up and the consolation that took over my body when he did show up. I push my face into my pillow and groan in frustration. My heart is full of a weight I've never felt before and my mind keeps running in circles around what happened last night. I hate drinking.

When I remember that he had asked me to be his date for the opening of the new building he's going to be in charge of, panic settles beneath my skin and suddenly, sleep feels impossible. That means spending the whole night next to him while he's dressed up really nicely. Nicer than usual. I try to close my eyes but my mind is moving too fast for my body to possibly relax.

Sighing, I check the time. It's pretty early and I don't have to go to the firm for another three hours. Great! Now I'm losing sleep over this. I have two weeks before I have to go to what I'm assuming will be a major event with him. Let's hope it's enough time to figure my shit out. Knowing me, however, that's a little unlikely.

I get up, get dressed, and stop by my favorite cafe- the one I went to with him the first time we hung out, and for the first time in a while, I feel grateful when I come to work and there's a lot to do. It makes my day go by quickly and in a blur because of how busy I get. Busy enough that I don't think about last night or any thoughts I had about liking certain people.

Tuesday -

I wake up and the moment I sit down, I feel like someone just dropped the weight of what I hadn't felt the day before onto me. I feel stuck in bed for a little too long; thinking about every direction my life would have to take now.

I'm realizing how many things would change for me. If I spend time with him, It'll get hard to get over the feelings. If I ignore him, I lose the friendship. Out of all people, I just had to go and like the one that would complicate everything. The one person I feel sick when I even think about losing him.

I force myself to get out of bed and take a shower because I can't sit in bed all day. Even though I should be able to. I hate growing up. I don't even like morning showers but I feel too scattered not to. Sometimes, taking a shower feels like a reset and I really need that right now.

On my walk to the bathroom, I spot the seater he had given to me to wear because I was cold sitting in my laundry pile. I pinch my eyes closed. He's just always doing stupid shit like that. Stupid shit that makes my heart race when I just think about it. I should fight him.

Why is he everywhere? His cologne on my bed, clothes around my room, and all the pretty words he says stain my body. Perfect. Just fucking perfect. What's the point in distracting yourself when you're practically drowning in what you're avoiding?