19. Late-night subway rides with you (pt. 2)

Play the song when you see this (*)

Okay, enjoy!! This is one of my favorites to write, so I hope you like it and if you don't- I don't really want to hear it because I'll probably cry. 

And don't forget to vote, comment, and follow

______________________

Theo

We're walking side by side, our arms brushing. Feeling the wind blow past us like we're nothing. Occasionally, I'll look down at her, and she'll be staring at the stores that we pass. When she turns the corner, I follow. But when she stops walking along the sidewalk and sits on the curb, I hesitate.

She looks up at me, brushing the hair out of her face. "Have a seat." A grin grows on her face. She humors herself. Cute.

I oblige, taking a seat next to her. I pass off how close I chose to sit to her as a way to keep the warmth. A car whizzes by and she smiles again, watching as it passes us. "We take this for granted."

I raise my eyebrow, "The sidewalk?"

She looks at me with an amused face, "Yes, Theo. The sidewalks."

I nod, "I do admit to not giving them enough attention."

She shakes her head, "God, don't people realize that they have feelings too?"

I mimic her fake concern, "Clearly not. Always walking all over them."

She laughs, "That was so bad." 

"No, it wasn't," I say, enjoying how relaxed she looks. "It was pretty good." 

Then she looks at me. I mean the real kind where you know she's not just checking your expression. She lets her brown eyes search over me, memorize me, learn me. Then, her smile relaxes a little. "I like it when you do that."

I furrow my brows, "Do what?"

She turns away from me, clearly getting nervous. "When you smile and laugh."

Now, it's my turn to look away. "I do that." Not enough and I know it, but it doesn't always feel natural. 

I can see her shake her head from my peripheral. "You always hold back or turn away to hide it."

"Do I?" I ask, knowing that I do.

She nods, "Why?"

I look at her because she's looking at me, "Why does it matter?"

She shrugs, "Because you make me feel like I'm not funny when you don't smile."

I raise an eyebrow, "That's 'cause you're not funny."

 She narrows her eyes at me, "Answer the question."

"I don't have an answer," I admit. 

She frowns, "Try to not hide it, okay? I think it makes you look nice." Then she turns around. I can almost make out the blush on her cheeks. 

Nova

You do look nice when you smile. That wasn't a lie. It changes his whole face when he genuinely smiles. It's different when he smirks or does those little smiles that are easy to hide away. When he smiles, he looks like a little boy. He has the kind of smile that can make you smile in return.

The kind that makes you melt. The crooked kind that changes his whole face and makes you want to take a picture.

"I like when you smile too," he says to me. "You only do it when you think I'm not looking. Don't hide it."