6.

"Well, he didn't see you cry, now did he?" Harper asked me on the phone. I just got back from Boston a couple days ago and I have avoided him like the plague. It's not like I didn't want to, I felt guilty about my own jealousy and my own emotions. I can't be bitter about this... it's not his fault.

"No, he was gone by then." I laid down on the floor, looking up at the ceiling. That's what I like to do when I can't deal with situations like this. My anxiety grabs a hold of it like an anchor, and just never knows when to let go. I want to let this go so I can worry about the things going on in my life. I didn't want to focus on Chris, or Sawyer... or the wedding in that matter. But for some reason, that's all I can think about. Chris has tried texting non stop, trying to make sure I was okay and I was still on for this Saturday for our stargazing session. I try to keep it short and sweet because whenever I talk to him now, I just get upset.

"I'm sorry Reece," She tells me. "Truly, I am... if I was in love with my best friend who was getting married, I wouldn't know what to do. You have some guts."

"Believe me, I wish I wasn't going through with this." I reply to her, sitting up. "I'm angry though, because I wish I wasn't going through this. I want to listen to my brain but my heart is telling me other things."

"Like what?"

"Don't move on from it and let it crush me." I sighed. Harper let out a soft laugh, and I could almost hear the disappointment through her actions on the phone. "I'd pay to see that."

There's a number calling me. I move my phone away from my ear and my eyes widen. He pops up at the most surprising times. "Hey Harp, I will call you back." I let her know.

"It's Chris, isn't it?!" She squeals through the phone like a schoolgirl. "Oh my god, give me details afterwards or I will be pissed."

Typical Harper. I end Harper's call and answer Chris's hoping for the worst. I wish that wasn't even an option, but lately with him.. those are the only options I have. "Hello Christopher," I smiled through the phone. "Why are you calling me at this time of night?"

I heard loud music in the background and chatter. "Reece! Reece, hey!" He shouts into the phone. I can notice the slur in his voice, I can tell he is somewhere but not sober. "I'm calling you because I want to! Duh, silly."

"Okay, Chris... where are you?" I questioned him and he laughed at my question. Oh yeah, he is definitely drunk. "Chris! Don't laugh at me, and answer my question."

"Well, I was in a bar... and now I am not." He giggles softly. I get up and grab my keys, just in case I have to pick him up from safety. "I was having this really good time with Sawyer and her friends, then we got in a fight because she did something that made me feel uncomfortable. Now I'm outside the bar, on the sidewalk."

"What was the fight about?" I twirl my keys in my hand, wanting to know what went down. I know it's none of my business, but he's an open book at the moment. Anything could come out of his mouth.

"She was making sexual jokes to her guy friends and flirting with them right in front of me!" He explained, sounding heartbroken. "So I told her and she got mad at me... so I left. And I'm alone and bored."

"I'm picking you up." I tell him, running down stairs to put on my worn out pair of tennis shoes. My hair might be in a bun, not looking my red carpet best. But my best friend needs me. I can tell this is bothering him and the last thing I want to happen to him is to get hurt. When he is drunk. it's a free game to him.

"Reece, nooooo!" I heard him whine, but I wasn't taking no for an answer.

"Don't Reece me." I make my way to my car, not hanging up the phone because I need to know where he is at and plus he has to have someone to talk to. Someone familiar to talk to, someone he can trust with his life. Sawyer is not one of those people right now, in fact.. she's at the bottom of the list. "What bar are you at?"