7.

*REECE'S POV*

The next morning rolled around, and I was hoping everything that happened last night to be all but just a dream. But then I looked around my room, and the empty side beside me. I almost panicked, until I realized I was wearing clothes. I just wanted to make sure nothing else transpired. I know I wasn't drunk, but I wanted to block it all from my memory. I loved every minute of course, but I knew it wasn't good... I knew it wasn't right.

I sat up from my bed, and rubbed my eyes. I wonder where Chris was. I wonder how he was feeling. He probably doesn't even remember, but he's going to ask and I know it. He's going to question why he woke up shirtless in my bed, he's going to wonder why he didn't go home to his fiancé last night. He has questions, and I have answers. But I don't want to give him the answers, because he's going to be disappointed by the outcome. It's not going to be the answers that he wants. 

I slowly make my way downstairs to the strong smell of coffee. He probably made a fresh batch for both of us. I make my way downstairs, and he's sipping his coffee on the island in my kitchen. He notices my presence and gives me a small smile. "Morning." He greets me, sipping on his coffee once more. The nervousness in my stomach is going in full motion.

"Hi," I greeted him back, making my way to the other side of the island. I grab one of my favorite mugs and pour myself a hot glass of coffee. I don't even know why I have a coffee machine. I don't even like coffee, and when I do have my coffee, it will always be cold. But I deserve hot coffee this morning, after knowing what happened last night... I am feeling really guilty. "How are you feeling this morning?" I asked, knowing he was probably through one of the worst hangovers in his life. 

"Awful." He mumbled. I hope he's talking about the headache he has and not the kiss we shared. Or the multiple kisses that we shared. "But don't worry, I already threw up in the toilet and I cleaned it too. Plus I took some medicine, which by the way... you still take gummy vitamins?"

"They're ADULT gummy vitamins." I corrected him, pouring in my vanilla creamer. The room falls silent, like we both know what is coming up.

"Reece," I turned to look at him. "Did anything happen last night? Did I do anything?"

"What do you mean?" I question, but I know exactly what happened. I put my own desires first. That wasn't what was supposed to happen. But it's in the past, and I have to be clean with him. But he's making it really hard. "When I picked you up? Like when you were drunk-"

"Between us, I mean." He whispered. Oh no, he knows. I let out a sigh, not even worrying about my stupid coffee. I have to come clean to him. He deserves to know the truth. It was his idea, but I had the option to say no. I could've stopped this. I could've never said yes, or even kiss him again. But I did.

"Yes.."

He lets out a soft groan, covering his face with the palm of his hands. It doesn't sound like a good groan. In fact, there is no just thing as a good groan. "We didn't have sex, did we?" He mumbled into his hands and I shook my head.

"No, we didn't." I look down, not even bothering to face him. "We only made out and had a couple moments. But nothing of that sort."

He moves his hands from his face to look at me, but I'm not facing him. My eyes are still darted to the ground, because I am too afraid to look at him. I am just as guilty as he is. This could ruin everything. Our friendship, his relationship, the wedding. "Did I start it?" He asked but I just didn't say anything. I am too scared to speak. "Reece?"