EPILOGUE.

I constantly sit down sometimes and think about the choices I made. You know... those life taking risks that could possibly ruin your life or could maybe turn into that story book, happily-ever after. Not everyone gets those. Not everyone can be lucky enough to make the right choice. Sometimes it's too late.

However, I'm very glad to say... I got my happy ever after.

I stopped Chris' wedding two years ago today. Two years ago, I gave him my heart and soul into the one thing I have only ever known how to do when it comes to my feelings. Write it all down and hope for the best.

Now... most people don't go off sharing their deepest secrets to the person they are writing for. Especially if they are getting married. But honestly, if it wasn't for therapy or my friends. I wouldn't have done it. I would have made one of the worst mistakes of my whole life. Something that I would personally regret for the rest of my life.

Sawyer ended up getting hitched in Vegas a few months after Chris left his bride to be in her wedding gown. Turns out, she never really wanted or loved Chris as much as we all thought.

But honestly, we all knew that she didn't love him.

I guess they've been going strong since! Now according to the news... they're expecting a child. Good for them, but god... thoughts and prayers to that child...

I'm kidding.

Seriously... I'm kidding. I'm sure she's a somewhat better person now.

But for me? My life couldn't get any better. I quit my job and Josby's stupid movie requests after the wedding. What a huge sigh of relief. No need to fret, I still go to Rosie's every Thursday with Harper still.

Except sometimes Reed and Chris tag along.

Oh yeah. Who would have thought that my best friend would have the HOTS for my older brother? I mean, I always knew it was bound to happen. But sometimes I just ask myself... Harper really likes that?

I'm glad Reed actually found someone he could be himself with instead of flirting with every single girl he laid eyes on in the whole state of California. They moved in with each other and they're talking about getting a dog. They don't want kids, because quote on quote; kids are the worst thing to grace the planet earth.

Oh... shit almost forgot. Reece Carter is a New York's Best Selling Author now.. Yeah! I'm an author now? I finally reached one of my dreams. That's pretty sick nasty if you ask me. I published Things I Hate About You. I changed the character's names around of course and changed a few odds and ends so people wouldn't just pin point that I wrote it about my best friend, Chris Evans. But sometimes they catch on, including Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager.

It was awkward.

But being a best selling author isn't just the best thing that was on my list. Of course, I finally got the guy, I finally got Chris. He's officially my boyfriend. We do the same things we always used to do. We hang out, we watch movies, we do our Saturday night stargazing in the same spot. Except, it's just a little bit more romantic now. We're in love. We have always been with each other but... it just feels right.

I love waking up next to him every morning. I love making fun of him when he sleeps because his mouth hangs open and he snores. I love how he is with Dodger. Dodger, him and I always go on walks when the sun is setting around our gated community. He talks about his work things while I tell him about my writing things. We always rotate on dinner because unfortunately he's a pescatarian and I hate fish. Sometimes we have to make each other two different meals. It doesn't matter though because it's the thought of spending time with him. I love spending every second of the day with him. I hate spending any minutes without him. He's my lifeline, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

So two years was when Chris called off his wedding and professed his love to me. It also happens to end up on a Saturday. We sat on the ground, looking up at the stars as we cuddled up next to each other. The city lights are in the distance, it's just him and I.

"Wait, it really has been two years?" He questioned me. I rolled my eyes as he laughed. "Oh quit it, I know it's been two years."

"No, you didn't." I told him. "You probably just forgot until I mentioned it."

"That's a lie!" He defended. I know that he probably knows because ever since then, everyday of my life has been blissful. No more nightmares, no more therapy. He truly is my lifeline. "But, I have a question I have to ask you."

"Okay, do you remember that night... like many years ago? When I asked you if you ever been kissed before and I ended up being your first kiss?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah of course I remember." I tell him.

"Okay well," He grabbed something in his back pocket, and opened it. "Marry me."

My eyes widen as I look at him and he has that stupid smirk on his face. "Are you serious?" I asked him as I looked down at the simple, but gorgeous ring.

"So, you have been engaged to someone?" He joked and I hit his arm.

"Chris! Shut up!" I smiled widely as I felt the tears well up in my eyes. Here we are. On stargazing Saturdays... and he's asking me to marry him.

"Marry me Reece," He whispered softly. "Seriously."

I immediately nod and kiss him right on the lips. Everything I have ever wanted was now finally coming true. I got the job I've always dreamed about, the house everyone would die to get, the friends... the family that are just perfect but most importantly the guy I always knew I would end up with. I hate a lot of things about Chris Evans. The way he was way too gullible or the way he didn't believe in himself. But despite all the things I hate about that man, there's more things that beat the odds.

All the reasons I love him.

THE END.

A/N: A long awaited ending! I hope you guys enjoyed this story! It was quite a journey because I've been writing this story for what seems to feel like years. But I'm glad it's come to an end! I'll be writing my new stories soon and hopefully you all will stay and read those! Thanks for being sweet and so supportive, you guys are the bomb.

AGENTSOFCARTER