8.

*REECE'S POV*

"So, he just got up and pretended it never happened?" Harper asked me as I looked over the different scripts Josby wanted me to correct. She wanted the inside scoop of everything that was happening. I tried my best to not tell anyone about it because I didn't want everyone thinking Chris cheated... even though he did. He probably feels horrible about it.

"Pretty much.." I sighed, putting the stack of papers down. "Look. It wasn't even that big of a deal Harper, it was just an accident."

"Uh! Bullshit! It wasn't just an accident Reece!" Harper gives me the look, the look that tells me that I was in fact lying. There's only a few people in this world that can see right through my bullshit lies. Harper happens to be one of those people. "There's literally a saying that says drunken words are sober thoughts! That happens to also mean actions too! He meant to kiss you!"

"Well. I also don't think it's very fair." I mumbled, moving onto the next stack of papers he gave me. "He can't just get away with it."

"You're letting him get away with it!"

I groaned, looking up at her. "Well what am I supposed to do? Ruin a whole wedding because my best friend who I have been in love with for literal DECADES kissed me?" I snapped. "Sorry Harper, I can't do it. I just can't."

"But it's not fair to you." Harper looks down at her lap and the room gets silent. Neither of us like to bicker or fight. That's not what this friendship is about. I love Harper like I love Chris. She's helped me through so much stuff, especially stuff with DJ. Even though she was absolutely right about the whole Chris situation, I couldn't just tell him to not pretend. He's getting married in a few months. Our friendship will only stay a friendship. That will never change, and that's why I am writing the book.

"I didn't mean to snap.." I apologize, looking at her. "But this is a tough situation I am in. I know he can't mess around with my feelings. But I also can't ruin this moment for him. I can't ruin this wedding, I can't ruin his relationship. I also don't want to wreck the life long friendship Chris and I have. If I lose Chris, I lose half of me."

She runs her fingers through her dark brown hair and just nods. "I understand," She tells me. "I mean, I've never been in a situation like this before. You know, the whole 'A-list celebrity, who happens to be my best friend since diapers is getting married to this rich hot model who doesn't care for him and I've been in love with him for years and he just randomly kisses me and messes with my emotions' thing before."

Dang. Oddly specific.

"I just want to see you happy," She grabs my hand and I hold it. "You deserve happiness too, it's not just him."

"I know, it was just a mistake.." I let her know. There's a knock on my office door, and we turn our heads around.

"Ladies!"

"And that's my que to leave." Harper grabs all of her belongings. "I'll see you later?" She asked and I nodded. She purposely bumps into DJ as she walks out of my office. DJ rolled his eyes playfully as he took a seat where Harper used to sit.

"What do you want, and what are you doing here?" I mumbled, not even looking at him.

"Jeeze, would you relax? Just wanted to say hi." He tells me and I let out a loud, but dry laugh. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because I think you're pathetic." I look up at him, but he has the same old stupid smirk on his face. He believes he's superior, that he can get whatever he wants. If there was any human that was the walking definition of a narcissist, it would be him. Even after we broke up, he's still not leaving me alone.