15.

*REECE'S POV*

Out of everything I had done in my life, the last thing I thought about doing was professing my love to my best friend. The night before his wedding day. That is so embarrassing, and I am slowly regretting it.

I stayed in Scott's room for the majority of the night, just crying my little eyes out and drinking too much which probably didn't help with anything. I wanted to wake up and pretend everything I did was a dream, that everything... just didn't happen. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Today was the day of the wedding, and it was going to be so awkward.

The one person I wanted to talk to was Harper. I wish she was here with me. It would make this whole thing bearable. But she didn't know Chris like I did. She didn't have a celebrity best friend. I sighed as my feet touched the soft sand, then sat down. The sun was now slowly rising as the soft waves crashed onto the shore. Reece time is what I needed at the moment. After the past twenty four hours, I believe I deserve it.

I wiped out my phone and facetimed Harper right away, just to give her an update and tell her that I didn't die. I just felt like I died on the inside. After one or two rings, she answered.

"Oh my god, you're alive." She gasped and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, it's been a crazy twenty four hours."

"You gave it to him?" She asked me and my eyes widened. "Who told you?"

Harper laughed, running her hands through her reddish brown hair. "What? Did you think I wasn't going to find out from Reed?"

"Why are you texting my older brother?" I asked her, and she got silent. That's when I put the two and two together, and gasped. "Harper, are you sleeping with Reed?!"

"Jesus, god no," She laughed quietly. "However, I would really like to. He's just sweet."
"He's Reed."

"And?" She asked. "Don't worry about Reed and I. What about you and Chris?"

"What about Chris and I?" I sighed. "It was just a mess. I think I had some mental breakdown, and gave him the stupid book. It was a stupid mistake and it probably ruined our whole friendship."

"So you regret it?" Harper asked, but I shook my head. It was a mistake... but I am not quite sure if I regret it.

"No... I don't think I did." I whispered softly. He needed to know. I know it's not fair to him before his wedding day. But he has been my companion, my partner in crime since pull-ups. Hiding my true thoughts isn't fair. Him playing with my heart isn't cool either. "But I needed to do it. For my sake. He will never have to talk to me after this... but I wanted him to know.. Just once. It's a shame I didn't try hard enough. But I can't control him. I just wanted him to know."

"That's all you can do," Harper tells me softly. "But remember Reece. There's over seven billion people on this planet. You'll find someone who makes you feel like what Chris does."

"Problem is... it's not Chris," I whispered. "I've known since I was a kid I was going to end up with him. It was always supposed to be him and I. But we wrecked it. We were too dumb and naive... I let him get away. But I'll grow from this. I will make my pain become art."

"What, are you going to write another book about how you and Chris get married?"

"Yep." I joked. "At the very end of it, we'll be swinging on a porch swing and laughing at stupid dad jokes." All the sudden I heard arguing from the resort that rested behind me. "Hey, I'll call you later... okay?"