Chapter 29- Nothing is entirely true

LEO P.O.V

I watch as she closes the door behind her, I don't know why, but it actually hurt to see her leave. It's like her existence ensured me.

'So?' Thalia says, as if she wants something from me.

'What?' I ask

'Aren't you going to get up and follow her?'

'But she said-'

'Leo,' Ash patiently explains, 'when a girl says ''leave me alone'' she doesn't mean ''leave me alone'''

'Wait, what?'

'She means Acacia only said what she said to convince herself. It wasn't literal.'

'Did I miss a crucial piece of information? Because honestly, nothing is making sense.' I admit, feeling the intense gazes that meet my eyes. It was clear to me that their eyes emphasized the same point: You are so clueless

'Just get out that door before we drag you out there, bleeding and maybe with a dagger sticking into your chest.' Thalia concludes.

* * *

'Leo.' Acacia turns around, obviously startled to see me. Her eyes are puffy and red, she must have been crying to herself. 'I-I thought I told you-'

'Yeah, that's what I said to them,' I say, pointing a thumb behind me towards the cabin, 'they threatened to tear me up.'

'For what? Being obedient?' She scoffs

'You make me sound like a dog.'

'Maybe you are,' she smiles, 'but that's not so much of a bad thing.'

'Are you sure?' I angle my eyebrows, amused.

'Yeah, sometimes I feel like you're my guard dog. You'd do anything for me.'

'Ah Acacia,' I grin, 'I'd move heaven and hell just so I can be with you.'

'You sounded really poetic.' She notices

'Why, thank you.' I laugh, she walks up to me and wraps me around her. She hugs me so tightly it's as if she is trying to make us one person, so we can always be together. I squeeze her gently, she pulls away from the embrace and smiles.

'Leo,' she says, resting her arms at my waist, 'I'm scared.' I try not to look shocked, but it must have failed miserably because she sighs and shakes her head. 'That was pretty weak of me, wasn't it?'

'No, ''to be fearful is to conquer one's fear.''' I grin

'That's not entirely true.'

'But that's how it is, isn't it? Nothing can be entirely true.' I respond. She thinks for a moment before whispering.

'Is this true, Leo? What we have, I mean. Am I the only one-' I silence her with a kiss. The wind blows her hair in several different directions, I pick her up and swing her around in spiral patterns. Our lips part and she looks at me cheekily.

'So... should I take that as a yes?'

'Let me rephrase what I said before,' I laugh at her slyness, 'Nothing is entirely true to the extent that nothing is entirely true is not true entirely true.'

'That's a bit of a brain twister.' She says, saying the words over and over in her mind.

'I'm pretty smart, aren't I?' I joke. She thinks for a while before saying.

'But you said: To be fearful is to conquer ones fear is not entirely true, but nothing is entirely true to the extent that nothing is entirely true is not entirely true.'

'Well, maybe in this situation it's true.'

'For a moment there, I actually thought I would confuse you,' She laughs, 'because that was the toughest brain workout I've had since Annabeth made me solve that maths equation.' She leans her head up against my shoulder and smiles.

'I want it to be more like this,' she murmurs, 'no monsters trying to destroy us. Just normal moments...'

'I would hardly call being on a flying ship normal.' I chuckle

'True,' she admits, 'but it seems so peaceful.' We stand together, I fold my arms around her and I can feel the steady pace of her heart beat against mine.

'You have to come see this!' Ash yells. 'Oh,' she says when she sees us cuddling together, 'did I um- should I?' She coughs awkwardly.

'No, it's fine,' Acacia says, her nose still buried into the warmth of my neck, 'what is it?'

'The lights in the prophecy, we've found the lights.'

Sorry this chapter seems really short, I just wanted to end it on a cliffhanger XD I'll write a longer one soon. Hope you guys enjoyed the mind twister I created! :D

The next chapter is in 2-3 days (depends how busy I get) Follow for if you want to be notified about my constant updates! Thank you