Chapter 18- Bumping into women

LEO P.O.V

We arrive at the ball court to find the Hunters of Artemis yelling that the Apollo campers about which God/ Goddess can hunt better. The Amazons are throwing spears at the male campers and insulting them for being unfair to women. Luckily. Percy Jackson and his girl friend Annabeth are already there, trying to break up the fights.

'Come on, Apollo and Artemis are TWINS, they are BOTH good.' Percy reasons

'But Apollo is so much cooler-!'

'Artemis has great strength-!'

'Men have never been fair to women-!' Yells an Amazon woman

'Will you lay off the fairness? Gods you women are so annoying-!'

'Maybe if we reason it out-!" Screams Annabeth over the top of everyone.

Percy slumps over to me, clutching his head as if it was going to blow.

'And I thought falling into Tartarus was messed up.' He mumbles

I laugh and he grins sheepishly. 'You guys going to help?' He asks looking at Acacia and I.

'I'm no good with people.' I reply 'No organic life forms for the flamin' Leo.'

Percy looks at Acacia and an understanding of some sort passes between them. Acacia grabs my hand and pulls me towards the crowd while Percy jogs after us laughing. I let go of her hand and bump into an Amazon woman.

'Uh...Hey?' I say staring up at the muscular woman. She growls and aims a spear at me.

'No.... wait!' Acacia screams. The Amazon lowers her spear.

'He's um.. with me.' She says beaming up at the woman. The warrior's expression softens, and her spear is no longer angled towards me.

Thank gods. I murmur to myself.

'Your a child of Athena?' 

'No, that's Annabeth, I'm a daughter of Aphrodite.'

The Amazon raises her eyebrows in complete awe.

'No make up...? No pretty dresses?' 

'Nope.' I exclaim 'She's got a sword, courage and a brave attitude.'

Amazon warriors apparently have no humor because she shoots me a murderous look.

Acacia flushes.

'I'll let him go on your behalf.' The woman says scowling at me. 'On behalf of the woman kind.'

'Thank you.' Acacia says as she drags me out of the crowd. Annabeth, Percy and a few other campers have already helped end the fights. 

'What happened Leo?' Annabeth asks.

'Not good with living things.'

'Come on, you can't be THAT bad.' Percy says, trying to be encouraging

I stare at him.

'Ok... maybe you are that bad.' He mumbles. I roll my eyes at him.

'Thanks for saving me Acacia.' I say smiling at her.

'It's fine.'

Ever since Nemesis showed up, I felt like I've been pulled away from her. That she's no longer living on the same world with me.

She wraps her arms around my neck and burries her nose in it. 

'I want things to be normal.' She whispers.

'Yeah, me too.'

'What's this quest about anyway?' She says looking at Annabeth and Percy.

'Chiron got an Iris message, he'll announce it at the bon fire tonight. He'll also discuss why the Amazons and Hunters are here.' Annabeth says before gives me a sidewards glance.

You already know. Don't you? She says with her eyes.

I nod, if I can't trust Annabeth, I can't trust anybody. She seems satisfied with my answer and looks away in deep thought.

'Who are you taking with you on the quest?' Percy asks.

Acacia seems to go off like fireworks and she looks at me pleadingly. I wont let her take this risk. I wont let her go. 

'I don't know.' I mumble.

Percy taps his watch.

'I'm going to archery class, even though I suck.' He grins 'See you all later.'

Annabeth rushes after him. 

'I'll tag along.' She says, giving him a big teddy bear hug.

'So that leaves us.' I realize

Acacia smiles shyly.

'I think I'll continue on with my metal project in Bunker 9. I need to work on it a bit more-' I stop mid sentence, remembering the punishment I've been given. No metal or bursting into flames. Great...

Acacia looks pained and she looks away with destress. I place a hand on her shoulder and turn her chin so she looks at me.

'I'm telling you it's not your fault.' I say sternly as I hold her in my arms. 'Though, YOUR still allowed to get your hands dirty with oil.' I grin as she looks at me with disbelieving eyes.

'And you'll let me?'

'Of course!'

She smiles broadly and grabs my hand.

'Come on Leo! I want to see what you've been hiding from me!'

 HELLO PPL!!! PLZ COMMENT!! VOTE FOR ME TO CONTINUE!!!    

THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWERS!