Chapter 24- Dove

LEO P.O.V

I wake up as someone taps me on the shoulder. I lift my head off the table and yawn.

'I told you not to pull an all-nighter.' Someone grumbles as they wipe the drool off my face.

'Mum?' I ask, still half asleep.

'No silly, it's me, Acacia.' 

I fumble out of my seat and blush. 

'Uh, thanks...'

'What were you doing?' 

'Well,' I say, fiddling with a string of wire 'Last summer, I built a ship, called the Argo II. And I decided to repair the masthead so we can use it for this quest.'

'Your using metal... but, Chiron made you promise-'

'He let me off the deal.' I grin, tossing a fireball from hand to hand.

She instantly looks happier and more calmer. As if the guilt she had been carrying had been completely washed away. 

'We're going to sail on the sea?' She asks

'No, Argo II can fly.'

Acacia's eyes widen with excitement.  

'Can I see the masthead?' She grins

 I gesture towards the dragon head on my table.

'His name is Festus.' I said

'You named your dragon "Happy"?' 

'Yeah.'

She walks over to the table and gently touches Festus's nose

'He's beautiful.' She sighed

I liked how she used the word 'he' and not 'it'

'Today's the day.' I remind her, plastering a fake smile across my face.

She looks up, as if she had remembered something. She narrows her eyes and walks towards me. 

'Why didn't you choose me to take the quest?' She demands. 

Oh gods, she's mad, REALLY mad. 

'I wanted to protect you Acacia. I thought-' 

As quick as a python she swipes out her dagger and points the sharp end at my throat. I stumble backwards and slam into some metal scraps. 

'If you, Valdez, think for one minute I am not capable of looking after myself, you are terribly mistaken.' 

'I didn't say you couldn't look after yourself-'

'So stop trying to protect me!' She slots the dagger back and looks at me sadly. I reach across and fold her into my arms. 

'I... I just don't want to lose you.' 

'You wont.' She promises. She laces her fingers with mine and sighs. 

Suddenly Ash bursts through the door. She looks at the us and scrunches up her face in disgust. 

'Did I interrupt something?' She demands

'Nothing.' Acacia says pulling my hands away from her waist. 

'If you ever get sick of men...' Ash says, staring at me with pity. 'Come join us.' 

'No thank you.' She says as she takes my hand.

'Uh... Let's get this quest on the roll!' I smile, trying to break the tension. 

'Yes. Need me to carry anything?' Ash asks 

'The mast head might be too heavy for you alone-'

Ash runs over to the the table and carries Festus like he was a sack of feathers. 

'Is she...?'

'Yeah,' Acacia nods 'Amazon warriors are stronger than most of the strongest men.' 

'Remind me not to make her mad.' I chuckle. 

A giant shadow casts over us. 

'What's that?' Acacia asks

'Our ride.' I grin 'Come on, I'll give you a special tour of the Argo II.'

I open the door and feathers fly in my face.

'Hello Trugon.' Acacia groans at the creature sitting on my head. It flaps down onto her shoulder and coos.

'Why...?'

'I'm assuming Aphrodite sent him to watch over me.'

'She sent you a turtle dove.'

'Yeah.'

'Now I'll have to be romantic.'

'What?'

'If I don't, she'll blast me with her flower zapper and turn me into a rose.' 

Acacia laughs and gently pushes my arm.

'I like roses.'

'That's not the point.' I say eyeing the bird. It flaps it's wings and bites my nose as if to say: Not romantic enough!

'Ouch' I hold my nose to cover up the blood. 'Doves have sharp beaks.' I mutter

Acacia pulls out a handkerchief and wipes my nose. 

'Better?'

'No.'

She rolls her eyes and kisses me on the lips. I felt like warm rays of sunshine were pouring down my throat. She holds her lip against mine for a bit longer before we come up for air. 

'Woah.' I say shaking my head with amusement. 'Your a good kisser.' 

Acacia blushes crimson red.

'Let's get on the ship.' She says embarrassed

'Yeah, before the dove tries to bite my face off.' 

Sorry it took so long... I'm on school holiday... so I slacked.

Vote and comment please!!