9 - Look Again

We finally showed up to the lab. Fortunately, we weren't the only ones who were angry. Dad, Pietro, and Wanda didn't like the plan either.

"I'm gonna say this once." Dad said.

"How about "nonce"?" Tony replied.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing."

"And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce intervened.

"I know you're angry." Wanda said, trying to help.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

"Banner, after everything that's happened--" dad started.

"That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony warned.

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda yelled.

"This isn't a game--"

"The creature--"

I felt a sudden feel of movement rush past me. Pietro then came back into place. "No, no. Go on. You were saying?"

Lila came running in with her dad. She shot the glass Pietro was standing to, and destroyed it. Pietro then fell through. "Pietro!" Wanda screamed.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" Clint asked annoyed.

"I'm rerouting the upload." Tony tried to get to the lab equipment.

"Go ahead, piss me off." Bruce said to Wanda. We started to fight. As we fought, Thor and Tera came flying in. Thor threw his hammer to the cradle, sending a powerful blot of lightning. Then...well it was like Frankenstein...but with a weird baby. "Wait!" Barry yelled trying to stop it.

A giant crayon looking thing came flying out and launched himself at Thor. Thor threw him against the window but he caught himself before hitting it.

"I'm sorry, that was...odd."

The crayon had JARVIS'  voice?!

"Thank you." He said to Thor.,

"Thor, you helped create this?" Dad asked concerned. "I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that. " Thor then pointed to a gem in the robot crayons head.

"What, the gem?" Barry asked.

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"Then why would you bring it to..." dad started. "Because Stark is right." Thor finished for him.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce said.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Unfortunately....Thor's words were right. "Not alone." The robot said.

"Why does your robot - Crayon sound like JARVIS?" I asked.

"We... reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new."

"I think I've had my fill of new." Dad said.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" JARVIS asked worriedly.

"Bruh i'm pretty sure you are." I said.

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am... I am." Not-JARVIS stuttered.

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda said.

"Look again." Not-JARVIS reassured.

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint said. Lila rolled her eyes.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Thor tried to butt in.

"Is it? Are you? On our side?" Dad asked.

"I don't think it's that simple." Vision said.

"Well it better get real simple real soon." Lila said.

" I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all."

"What's he waiting for?" Tony asked.

"You."

"Where?" Barry asked.

"Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint said.

"If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." I could tell Barry was nervous.

"What will you do?" The robot looked around. "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." He held up Thor's hammer. Yes THORS FRICKIN HAMMER. We all stared at him in shock. Thor took it and the robot walked off.

"Right." Tera said. Thor patted Tony on the back. "Well done."

" Three minutes. Get what you need." Dad said. We all prepared.

Today would be the day Ultron goes down.

745 words