𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙮

"I can't believe you have to wear this uniform," Delilah chatted, tugging at her seersucker shirt as they got out of the Bass limo outside Constance. "Are you allowed to wear that many accessories?"

Hadley bit her tongue and tried to be nice. "I guess they're more lenient with the older years," she said absentmindedly, scanning the Constance schoolyard.

Looking for a certain leggy blonde?

The girl looked down at her phone again, searching through the website she'd been sent a link to. She'd heard all there was to know about Gossip Girl first hand through her mother, and there had been a few posers over the years that had tried to restart the old website, but somehow this seemed different.

I do pride myself on my quality of writing...

Hadley shook away the thought, plopping her phone back into her Coach Tabby colourblock leather satchel as she headed towards the building.

"Hadley!" Azaria Muniz and Agnes Swanson came up behind them as they passed through the girls' corridor, both in garishly over-accessorised version's of Hadley's outfit.

"Did you get the Gossip Girl thing?" Agnes asked.

"Oh, the link?" Hadley asked, feigning carelessness as her eyes continued to dart around in search for Scarlett.

Over the past eight months, she and her childhood best friends had drifted into completely not speaking.

Scarlett had ditched the last half-semester of Constance last year to go travelling by herself for the summer, and supposedly became a groupie for several second-rate European bands, and Hadley had barely heard from her all summer. And as for Gabriel, he'd gone off for his Christmas holidays and come back acting like nothing had happened between them.

Besides, Hadley liked it better this way. She had her own friends, who took everything she said as the word of god, and appreciated her taste in art and movies. Scarlett and Gabriel could go off and get married, for all she cared, it really wasn't a big deal.

Hmm... Really, Hadley?

She barely even remembered that snowy day last December, and some things were just meant to be grown out of. Hadley was maturing past her childhood friendship phase now, and if Scarlett wanted to stay obsessing over a schoolgirl crush then so be it.

If you say so!

"Yeah, the Gossip Girl link," Azaria said, pulling out her phone. "She's back."

"Please, it's probably some freshman doing a prank, it'll be down in a week," Hadley rolled her eyes. "I can't believe you fall for this crap." She swatted Azaria's phone away.

Azaria and Agnes shut up, exchanging a look as they followed Hadley and Delilah out into the joint courtyard between the girls and boys hallways.

And that was when she saw him.

He was tanned from a summer working on his dad's boat and lying on the beach in Monte Carlo. Hadley knew about his summer plans from her own mother, and had been glad to enjoy a summer in St Barts far away from him.

His hair was a little shaggy, and he was taller and more muscular. He'd always been kind of lanky, but he seemed to have grown right into himself. Hadley gulped, breaking her gaze from his glittering green eyes.

She definitely doesn't care, folks.

Gabriel looked up from where he was sat with Salinger and few of the other boys on the Lacrosse team, and met her eyes for a brief moment, but it was long enough to take in how gorgeous she looked.

Hadley was more beautiful than ever. Her hair was longer and fell in natural waves, a change from her signature dead-straight harsh cut. Her tan brought out her glittery turquoise eyes even more, and her rosy cheeks matched her pouty pink lips.

Get a room, you two!

Her face hardened when she caught him looking back, and she pursed her lips, ready to turn away just as Scarlett came up behind him and threw her arms around his neck. Hadley gulped, adjusting her bag and walking on with her head high and minions in tow.

I hate to state the obvious, but she's definitely not over him...

xoxo

Salinger Humphrey peered over his sister's shoulder at the website on her phone as he sipped black coffee.

"I wanna know how they got everyone's number," he mused, squinting at the text. "Gabriel, did you get a text?" He looked over at Gabriel, who was staring off into space absentmindedly.

Thinking about H, I can only assume.

"Do you think we should tell mom and dad?" Scarlett asked, chewing on her pinky nail.

"What? Why?" Sal wrinkled his nose. "I dont think they really wanna read about some chick getting her highlights done."

"No, stupid," Scarlett said. "It's Gossip Girl. Dad used to be Gossip Girl. I think we should tell them."

"What's the point?" Sal pondered. "It's just a stupid website, and it didn't even mention us."

Scarlett smacked the back of her brother's head. Sometimes he could be so dense.

"People will start sending tips and spying on each other," Scarlett said. "It will turn into a war-zone."

"You're such a hypocrite?" Sal challenged. "You're always gossiping."

"That's different, that's just mindless chat," Scarlett spoke firmly. "If people start sendings secrets in then nobody will have a private life."

Sal smiled and shook his head, putting an arm around his worrying sister. She really needed to chill.

Wise stoner words, Salinger.

"Gabriel, what do you think?" Scarlett asked her old friend, who was still staring off into space. "Gabriel?"

"Hu-what?" He asked, snapping his head back in her direction.

Scarlett looked between her friend and brother. "Are you two high or something?"

The boys exchanged a look which meant a yes.

"Jeez, I literally leave you alone for five minutes," Scarlett smiled a little. "And it's 9am."

Sigh... boys.