𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩

"Morning Henry," a soft French twinged voice spoke as his eyes fluttered open. Camille lay on her side, her honey-brown hair sprawled out across the pillowcase next to her.

A smile spread across Henry's sleepy face. "Morning Camille," he said. She was really here, finally back in his life.

Peace at last!

"Wake up, I need to talk to you," she said, poking his nose. "It's important."

"I'm up, I'm up," Henry said, rubbing his eyes as he sat up groggily. "What is it."

Camille smiled, rolling over onto her stomach and looking up at him hopefully. "I want you to come back to Dartmouth with me," she said.

Spoke too soon.

Henry raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Not permanently, just for a week or so," she suggested, sitting up and crossing her legs excitedly. "You'll love it, I promise. Then you can decide whether you want to go back to Columbia."

"You think I should leave Columbia?" Henry raised an eyebrow. He'd barely even started yet.

"My train's at four, and you can stay for as long as you like," Camille pleaded. "I just want you to see how good it is."

"Camille, I can't," Henry said, his heart sinking at the thought of letting her down yet again. "I have a wedding to go to in four days, my mom would kill me."

Camille sighed, flopping down against the pillow. She stared up at the ceiling with a slight pout on her face. Henry watched as tears pricked her brown eyes. He reached a hand out to stroke her face but she looked away.

"I can't stay here," she said quietly. "It's been a week since Cotillion, I need to go back to school."

"I can't leave," he replied. She turned back to him with glossy eyes.

"That's just it, Henry," she said, sitting up. "You can. You have so much freedom, so much privilege and you never use it."

Henry said nothing, not quite sure what she meant. He'd never thought of himself of someone who didn't use his freedom — he'd relished in it ever since he'd got his first bank account. His teenage years had been legendary, and he'd pretty much done exactly as he pleased his entire life.

"You stay where your parents can treat you like a child even though you have the money to do anything you want," she said with exasperation in her voice. "You got into Dartmouth and you're going to your second choice because you're scared to leave New York."

Maybe it was the hangover but Camille was really starting to get on Henry's nerves. He'd forgotten her incessant habit of forcing her outlook on life on him, and her self-righteousness. Maybe she didn't know him as well as she thought she did.

"New York is my home, Camille," Henry said. "I'm not scared to leave. I can get a flight out of here whenever I like but I simply like it here. Maybe Dartmouth was never for me."

Henry shut up, scanning Camille's makeup-free face. Her wide brown eyes were firmly on his, and her bottom lip looked like it might be about to wobble. She got up from the bed in her pale yellow slip and picked up her coat from the floor.

"Cami wait—" Henry stood up, trying to grab her arm as she made an attempt to leave the bedroom.

"No, Henry," she said, turning and meeting his eye. Tears were building up at the brims of her brown eyes. She looked angry, but at the same time defeated. "You're right. Maybe it never was for you."

She shook off his hand and grabbed her handbag, disappearing off into the elevator. And just like he had done too many times before, Henry let her go.

Well I know I enjoyed our brief trip back to France, H.

xoxo

"Wow," Delilah Bass gulped as her mother stepped out of the bedroom of her suite at the Empire. "You look..."

"I know," Georgina sighed, admiring the Jenny Packham bridal gown she'd commissioned when she and Jack had been in London over the summer.

"Daddy's gonna love it," Delilah grinned innocently.

"Daddy sure will," Georgina grinned devilishly. "Wait till you see your dress."

"My dress?" Delilah blinked. "I thought I was wearing the Azeeza dress you put on hold for me at Bergdorfs."

"No, honey, that was backup," her mother said, sitting down next to her. "Blair has agreed to draw me up some designs. I wanted a proper dress for my... maid of honour."

Delilah's jaw dropped. "What?"

"Don't act so surprised," Georgina said. "You know I don't exactly have an abundance of female friends."

I wonder why that is, G.

"True," the girl nodded, looking up at her mom, her huge eyes full of adoration. "Thank you," she said, blinking back tears.

"You'll need an escort too, we're doing this properly," Georgina said. "I'm sure Hadley can help find you a boy to walk with you down the aisle."

Delilah looked up at her mom and gulped, smiling nervously. "Actually, I kind of have a boyfriend," she admitted. "At least I think he is... he might be mad at me."

Yeah, probably.

"A boyfriend?" Georgina raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

"Sal," she said nervously. "Salinger."

"As in Serena and Humphrey's kid?" Georgina said. "He's your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, I think," Delilah gulped. "Like I said, I might've totally ruined everything."

Don't worry, D. He probably can't even remember.