𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨

Hadley sat down on Marni's bed drinking her negroni as she watched Monty pull the curtains shut. He seemed to know his way around Marni's bedroom suspiciously well too, but Hadley decided not to comment this time.

Probably a smart decision.

"Enjoying your drink?" Monty asked, sitting down next to her.

"It's much better than those shots," she said.

Monty laughed a little under his breath. His eyes were flitting between her turquoise eyes and full lips. He wanted to kiss her, that much was obvious, but he wasn't moving.

Hadley ignored her nerves and confidently went in for a kiss herself, their lips colliding with the taste of cherries and citrus from their drinks.

He pulled back for a second and laughed.

"What?" She asked, her cheeks growing hot. Oh god, had she completely misread?

"Nothing," Monty said, his face edging closer to hers again. "You're bold, I like that."

They kissed again, and this time his hand was on her waist and Hadley's was on his neck. Just as her slender fingers had drifted towards the top button of his shirt, the door burst open. Hadley sprung away from Monty and her eye's met Sal Humphrey's.

"Hadley, I'm sorry erm, could I talk to you for a minute?" He said awkwardly.

"Is it urgent?" Hadley asked through gritted teeth.

He nodded, and Hadley turned to Monty. "Sorry," she said. "Stay here."

"This had better be good," Hadley said once she had shut the bedroom door behind her. She looked down to where Gabriel was sitting on the floor leaning against the wall. His eyes were closed and he had a delirious, sweaty smile on his face.

"Gabriel doesn't feel great," Sal explained, his words slightly slurred. "Can you take him home?"

"Why can't you?" She demanded.

"Because I don't feel great," Sal smiled, and Gabriel let out a laugh, opening one of his eyes briefly.

"Delilah? Scarlett?" Hadley said with exasperation. "Am I really the only person who can take you both home?"

Mother Theresa as always.

"Both disappeared," Gabriel said, rubbing his eyes.

"What did you guys even drink?" Hadley sighed.

"Molly," they said simultaneously.

"It was Delilah's," Gabriel said, as if that made it any better.

Hadley put a hand to her mouth dramatically. "Ecstasy?" She said with outrage. "So much for trying to go clean for one night."

Gabriel let out a laugh. "I knew that was her idea," he said, looking up at Hadley, who was standing over him with her arms crossed. She was so pretty, even when she was annoyed.

Especially when she's annoyed.

"Right. Give me a minute, I'll take you home." She sighed.

xoxo

"Get up Gabriel," Hadley rolled her eyes as she attempted to yank Gabriel up from where he was sitting on the street. "The limo's here."

Sal, who was slightly less fucked up, attempted to take Gabriel's other arm, and ended up almost toppling over himself.

Hadley cursed whatever cruel twist of fate had landed her here instead of in bed with Monty Baizen, where she should be.