𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧

Salinger Van der Woodsen woke up with a sleeping Delilah Bass lying on his bare chest. Her hair was ruffled and she was wearing only her matching bra and panties. Salinger stared up at the ceiling, trying to focus his drug-addled mind on the events of the previous night. It took him a second or two to notice he was in her bedroom. Had they had sex?

In her broom cupboard of a room? Think again, Harry Potter.

It wasn't like Sal was a virgin, though the idea that he had an ex girlfriend was surprising to some people, as he didn't appear to have the emotional range. But he knew Delilah was one, so it might have been a big deal. The boy gulped, staring down at her sleeping face one more time. Shit, was he supposed to make her breakfast?

Poor, sweet soul...

"Hi, Sal," Delilah mumbled, giving him a little fright. Her eyes were still closed, but there was a smile on her lips.

"Are you awake?" He whispered after a moment.

She turned so that they were facing each other, her chin on his chest, and opened one eye, smiling lopsidedly.

"Yes," she said. She sat up, patting down her hair. Did we have sex? She wondered, biting her lip.

They sat in silence for a few moments, both wondering what had happened. The last Delilah remembered was hopping into a cab with a stolen bottle of single malt whiskey, only to get kicked out a block away from home because Sal had started smoking a joint out the window.

Sal remembered giving the driver a couple hundred bucks out of his pocket and carrying Delilah fireman's lift style down the road, but nothing else.

"Did we have sex?" They suddenly said in unison. They stared at each other for a moment, before bursting out laughing.

"You don't remember?" Sal asked, and Delilah shook her head innocently.

"I blanked after the taxi," she said, flopping back down onto the bed so she could lie beside him. Sal wrapped his arm around her, kissing her on the top of her head a little cluelessly.

Despite being an affectionate person, Sal had never been good at the part after sex, especially when he wasn't sure if he'd even had it.

"Wouldn't you like, know?" Sal asked.

"What, with my womanly intuition?" Delilah giggled.

"Yeah?" He shrugged. "Are you a virgin?"

"Yeah, I guess," Delilah gulped, a little embarrassed.

"Yeah, then you would know if we had," he said.

"Oh, shame," she muttered. "I kinda wished we had," she said truthfully.

Sal smiled to himself, staring up at the ceiling. "When we do, I'll make sure we remember."

xoxo

Hadley Waldorf-Bass was in a bad mood. It was the morning after Cotillion and she was pissed. She sat on one of the couch eating a lemon yoghurt in her deep purple La Perla camisole and shorts pyjama set with a deep frown on her face. Her father had abandoned her for the father-daughter dance and her date had been boring, the night had been a disaster.

Sure your mood's nothing to do with G?

"Morning," a chirpy Delilah said as she entered the living room hand in hand with her new boy toy, Salinger.

Ouch. Looks like H is getting her nerves pushed today.

Hadley felt like throwing up in their faces. "Morning," she said through gritted teeth.

Sal looked at her a little awkwardly as Delilah grinned from ear to ear.

"I'm gonna go get juice," the girl said excitedly, leaving Sal and Hadley alone in the living room.

He smiled awkwardly. Sal and Hadley had known each other since birth, and he had always liked her, despite being slightly scared of her.

"I hope you know what you're doing, Salinger," Hadley warned, getting up from her seat.

"Not really," he said with a dumb smile.

Cute.

"Little tip, try hanging out with her sober," Hadley said. "She's meant to be clean."

Before he could say anything, Delilah came back into the room with a jug of juice. "Juice?" She offered.

"I'm good," Hadley said a little coldly, her eyes still on Sal's as she left the room to go upstairs.

Maybe H is taking her bad mood out on D and S, but he needs to know what he's dealing with.

Do the line, do the time, S.

xoxo

"Morning honey," Serena said, kissing her daughter on the side of the head as she came into the kitchen.

"Morning," Scarlett said groggily, pouring herself a cup of coffee. "Where are you going?" She asked, surveying her mother's slightly business-casual outfit.

"To your grandfather's gallery," Serena explained, swinging her blue suede Jimmy Choo hobo bag over her shoulder. "I'm going to help Lily source some art and then go for lunch at Babs in the Village. You can join if you want."

"I have school," Scarlett said. She was dreading going in, but she'd rather endure the awkwardness at school than sit through her mother and grandmother's passive aggression over lunch.

"Good girl," Serena sighed, remembering how at Scarlett's age she would've lied through her teeth.

She's not all that good, S, don't you worry.

"Where's Sal?" Scarlett asked.

Serena smirked. "At the Waldorf penthouse," she said. "Blair texted me this morning."

You can take the girl out of the gossip but you can't take the gossip out of the girl... Stay sneaky, B.

"Ew," Scarlett grimaced. "I don't even wanna know."

Once her mother had left, Scarlett sighed to herself. She hadn't even had a chance to check her phone since last night, and she didn't want to. She was sure Gossip Girl would have something to say about her kiss with Allegra, and she didn't want to hear it.

Ugh, rude.

She didn't even know how to feel about it all. Scarlett had kissed girls before as every teenage girl does. She and Hadley even kissed once years ago in the hot tub at a party at the Archibald's Hamptons house.

But this didn't feel as light hearted and funny as kissing her best friend drunk in a hot tub while Gabriel skinny dipped in the pool. It felt loaded. Complicated.

And S is a girl who hates complicated.

The idea of going into school and having to see Allegra felt too weird, Scarlett decided. She put down her mug of coffee and padded across the hall barefoot to her little brother's room.

She knocked on the door, pushing it open to see her Theo sitting on the bed in his uniform listening to music on his walkman as he scribbled in a notepad. He turned towards her and took a headphone off of one of his ears. Scarlett could hear the faint, tinny sound of the Smith's leaking through.

Only a combination of Serena Van der Woodsen and Dan Humphrey could create such an odd range of children.

"Wanna go to the park?" She offered.

"What about school?" He asked.

"I'll call in sick for you if you promise not to tell mom?" She said mischievously.

"Deal."

Avoidance. Great tactic, S.