𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙨

Hadley Waldorf-Bass sipped a glass of cranberry juice in a cream Helmut Lang knitted turtleneck tank top, a black Dolce & Gabanna tweed skirt, and some black Herringbone net tights by Natori. Her hair was pulled back in a sophisticated knot.

She stood by the table in the living room, which was laid out with assortments of her mother's favourite macarons from Ladurée and Lady M cakes. All ready for the mothers and debutantes that had attended her mother's brunch.

Agnes Swanson came over, crunching on a cracker and stilton. "Darby Porter just turned up." The corners of her lips turned up in amusement as she raised her eyebrows.

"Seriously?" Azaria Muniz giggled. "That's brave of her." She looked to Hadley, but the girl was staring ahead, her mind elsewhere as she slowly nibbled on a hibiscus macaron.

"Yeah I know, I heard her mom tried to set her up with like, 5 different escorts, and they all turned her down," Agnes said unsubtly, peering over to where Darby stood with her mother.

"Is that true?" Hadley cut in. "I heard she had a boyfriend."

"Yeah, she did," Azaria said. "He broke up with her."

"Wasn't he like, old?" Hadley curled her lip.

"He was an NYU student with like a beard and dreadlocks," Azaria giggled.

"That's why she always smelt of that patchouli," Hadley smirked.

"Oh my god, literally — I lent her my top in gym when she didn't have one, and it had these huge patchouli smelling sweat patches," Agnes grimaced.

"Yuck," Hadley said. She was feeling irritable today, so she didn't even care how bitchy she was being.

Oh Hadley, that's not like you...

"Who's your escort then, Hadley?" Azaria asked.

"I don't know yet," she said ambiguously. "I haven't decided." She had options, but somehow nothing seemed right. She'd always envisioned herself going with Gabriel, really. Ever since she was a kid.

"What is she doing here?" Agnes sneered, and Hadley looked up quickly. Scarlett, Salinger, Theo and their parents were stepping out of the elevator.

Hadley locked eyes with Scarlett for a moment before rolling her eyes and turning towards her friends. "I thought I told my mom not to invite them," she pursed her lips.

As if B wouldn't invite her best friend.

Hadley looked over again, and saw Delilah hugging Sal with a huge grin on her face. How was it that her crazy cousin was so happy, and she was all alone.

Maybe because she's not a raging bitch, Hadley. Just a thought...

Hadley gave her mother a death stare, to which she mouthed 'don't'.

xoxo

"So this is where you sleep?" Sal asked Delilah as he surveyed the room. It appeared to be an old fitting room with a fold out bed in amongst rolls of fabrics. Delilah's clothes, jewellery and magazines spilled out over the floor from her large trunks and duffels, all by Louis Vuitton.

"Yep," Delilah said with a smile. It was a glorified broom cupboard, but she didn't mind. It was better than her boarding-school dorm.

Or her rehab room.

"Damn," he looked around, trying to think of something nice to say. "Why didn't they get you a hotel room or something?"

"My mom didn't want me staying alone," Delilah smiled devilishly. Sal felt his heart flutter. "I can't be trusted."