𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚

"J'accuse!" Scarlett gasped, clutching her necklace.

"It was you, I remember," some French guy she was talking to insisted. "The girl in that perfume ad was you."

"Believe what you wanna believe," Scarlett winked, taking a drag of her cigarette.

She was drunk, way too drunk actually, and smoking indoors even though there was a balcony. It wasn't like anyone was going to tell her not to, so she did what she liked.

Half the people at that party would let Scarlett walk all over them in nine inch heels if she wanted to.

Including myself.

She was growing bored of her conversation with whats-his-name, and scanned the room with her lake-blue eyes for a way to disappear.

"Excuse me a moment," she told the boy. "My best friend's just arrived, I need to go and say hi."  She slipped away before he could say goodbye, towards a random blonde girl with a glass of champagne in her hand.

Subtly done, S.

"Hi, do you mind if I sit here for a minute," Scarlett asked the girl, sitting down next to her before she could respond.

"Of course," the girl spoke with a rather thick french accent. She sipped her champagne with a slightly cold expression on her face.

"Do I know you?" Scarlett asked.

"I'm Camille's half-sister," she said.

"Oh that's right, Henry's ex," Scarlett said. "You're Chloe, right?"

"Céline," she said coldly. "And she's not exactly an ex anymore."

Excusez-moi?!?!

Scarlett gulped. "They're back together?" She asked, feeling an odd pit grow in her stomach. She hadn't spoken to Henry since he ran off at Cotillion, but she'd never expected him to be back with his long suffering ex girlfriend within the week.

Neither did I.

"Céline, I got you a refill," a voice said, and Scarlett looked up.

Scarlett's stomach dropped again when she saw the other girl's face. She was short, with long dark hair and angular blue eyes. Scarlett recognised her immediately as the girl she'd seen Allegra with in Central Park.

From the look on her face, this girl recognised her too, which was odd since Scarlett had slipped away before she was noticed.

"Scarlett, is that you?" The girl said.

"Yeah?" Scarlett said slowly, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't tell me you don't recognise me, it hasn't been that long," she said. "It's Dora Baizen."

"Oh my god, Isadore?" Scarlett gasped. "You look so... different."

"I know," Dora smiled slyly.

Scarlett remembered Dora faintly from two summers ago in the Hamptons. She was Monty's younger sister, and had always been a huge bookworm, but now she was totally hot.

And totally close with Allegra...

"I've actually just transferred to Constance with my brother," Dora explained. "You go there, don't you?"

"Yeah." Maybe Scarlett was drunk and delusional, but was an odd edge of animosity to the girl's voice. She wracked her brains for why Dora might hate her.

"Do you still speak to Hugo?" Dora asked. 

There it is.

"Hugo Dalgaard?" Scarlett asked, and Dora nodded. "I think he's at college now..."