𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙝

"I've gotta say, Blair, I never thought you'd be a good designer but this is... hot," Georgina said as she stared at her daughter's reflection in the mirror.

"Thanks," Blair said dryly, looking up from her phone as she sent her daughter another text demanding her whereabouts.

Delilah stared at herself in the mirror, suddenly overcome with the urge to cry. The dress was a masterpiece. Floor length Venus-like pale blue silk, draped over one shoulder, with crystal flowers embellished with beads. And yet, all Delilah could think about was how she had screwed up... big time.

Understatement, much?

Sal was the only boy who hadn't looked at her like she was a complete basket case since she arrived back in New York. Or maybe he did think she was a basket case, but he liked that about her, but she'd ruined it now. There was no way he'd talk to her again after last night.

"What's wrong, honey, do you feel fat?" Georgina asked, pouring herself a glass of champagne. She had changed out of her Jenny Packham wedding dress into a slip and robe, and was lounging on the bed across the hotel room.

"No, it's perfect, it's all great," Delilah gulped, plastering on a grin. Before her mother could pry further, there was a knock at the door, and Blair opened it.

"Hadley!" A somewhat tipsy Georgina beamed as her niece came in.

"Where have you been?" Blair muttered as she lead her daughter towards the bedroom of Georgina's suite at the empire.

"I stayed at a friend's," Hadley said, sitting down on the bed as her mother carried a garment bag over from where it had been hanging on the door.

"Which friend?" her mother raised an eyebrow, pulling out the dress from the bag and holding it out for Hadley.

"Azaria's," Hadley said, kicking off her Tory Burch boots. She had managed to nip home and quickly change before heading to her father's hotel, but her hair was a mess and her turquoise eyes were still smudged with the same mascara from the night before.

The last time we saw Hadley Waldorf-Bass this dishevelled was, well, the last time she was caught sneaking out of a certain Archibald townhouse in the morning.

"You look like a mess," Blair wrinkled her nose as her daughter clambered into the dress. "Did you even shower?"

"I didn't have time," the girl said defensively as her mother zipped her in. "You made it seem like there was a rush."

"Turn around," Blair ordered, looking her daughter up and down. "Come with me. We'll talk about this later."

Hadley followed her mother out of the bedroom, where Georgina and Delilah were sipping champagne as they lounged on the sofa's.

"Rough night?" Georgina giggled as they came in.

Hadley forced a snide smile, shooting Delilah a pointed look as Blair guided her over to the floor length mirror. She observed her reflection as her mother flitted around her with safety pins and measuring tape.

"Come here, Delilah," Blair said. "Stand next to Hadley."

Delilah got up from where she was sitting and came and stood next to Hadley in front of the mirror. There was some family resemblance there, though the two were such polar opposites. Delilah was about an inch and a half shorter, her dark brown hair falling in long waves that almost reached her waist. Her eyes were huge, a doll-like hazel, while Hadley's were a piercing blue-green. She was taller and more elegant looking, where Delilah was small and elfin, her features angular and sharp apart from her full lips. Hadley's chestnut brown hair was a shorter, more blunt cut that hung just below her collarbone.