𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨

"Are you sure he's not trashy?" Azaria Muniz looked up from where she was painting Agnes' toenails with Chanel's 893 Glimmer. The two girls were sprawled out on Hadley's bedroom floor as the girl raided her closet in a Hanro kimono.

"Why would he be trashy?" Hadley rolled her eyes as she leafed through dresses in her walk in closet.

"You always said L'Ecole girls were trashy, and he hangs out with them all the time," Azaria explained.

"Almost exclusive, I've heard," Agnes chimed in. "It's like he's got a thing for french women."

Don't we all?

Hadley turned around to face the girls holding a dress in each hand. "Not all of them can be trashy, and besides, I'm not one to judge on what company he keeps," she said, before turning back to the closet to inspect her rows of shoes.

Azaria and Agnes exchanged a look while her back was turned. Hadley was exactly the type to judge. What had gotten into her?

Either he's just really hot, or H has ulterior motives...

As Hadley searched deeper into her closet, her eyes fell on an old dress that she'd only worn once before. She dropped the dresses she was holding and pulled it off the rail, staring at it in all it's glory.

"Oh my god, H," Agnes said, noticing it. "I remember that dress."

It was a tiny strapless Oscar de la Renta bronze silk-blend gathered lamé dress.

"That is hot," Azaria said.

Hadley held it up to her reflection in the mirror, remembering the night she, Scarlett and Gabriel had gone to a L'Ecole party in the 9th grade. She felt a pang of nostalgia for a split second, missing how she and Scarlett would dance at parties when they were drunk and have sleepovers with Gabriel at his house afterwards.

The golden age, as I like to call it.

Hadley pursed her lips, putting the dress back on the rack. There was no time to reminisce, and besides, she was older now. Those stupid nights were in the past.

When did everyone get so boring?

"I'll wear this," Hadley decided out loud, picking up an equally fabulous black embellished David Koma mini dress off the floor.

Azaria and Agnes nodded, though they both secretly wished Hadley would stop trying to be so mature. She'd always been uptight, but at least she used to be able to know how to let go and have fun.

For once, I agree with these girls. We want the old Hadley back.

xoxo

"I love your house," Delilah Bass said as she walked past Gabriel confidently into his hallway. Sal followed, giving Gabriel a fist bump as he walked in.

Gabriel with male friends, wonders never cease.

"Thanks," he told Delilah. He had met Hadley's cooky cousin a few times in his childhood, but he had never expected to be third wheeling her and Sal.

Do I sense a new trio forming? Personally, I hope not.

"I'm gonna call a car, do you want a drink?" Gabriel asked as the couple headed into his kitchen.

Delilah looked up from where she was fiddling with the kitchen utensils and met Sal's eye.

"Sal suggested we go sober," Delilah said.

"What?" Gabriel laughed, but Sal didn't join in. "Wait, you're serious?"

"It was just an idea," the blonde boy shrugged, sitting down at one of the stools at the kitchen island. "We don't have to."

"And I've got molly," Delilah piped up, pulling a baggy of pills out of her pocket.

A sly smile crossed Gabriel's face, and he looked between Sal and Delilah. "Shit," he said. "You wanna do E?"

"If Sally cheers up, then yeah," the girl teased.

Sal smiled, despite the pit in his stomach. Was he a bad person? Was he implicit in Delilah's drug problem? Or was she implicit in his drug problem?

Save the big questions for another time, S. Tonight, we party like it's 9th grade all over again.

"I'm down," Sal said. Who cared what Hadley said, anyway, she wasn't his mom.

"Yay!" Delilah giggled, hopping over and swinging her arm around Sal's neck and kissing him on the cheek.

She passed the baggy to Gabriel, who took out three pills and placed them in the palm of his hand. The three teenagers each put a blue pill on their index fingers and simultaneously stuck it onto their tongues.

You know what? I take it back, I like this trio. Let the games begin.