Gone

Alright people here it is. THE SAD One-Shot! Omg, I think I might cry as well. I really hate to do this to yall, but its gonna be amazing. I hope you enjoy it!

Note- While I was thinking up the plans for this One-shot, I had talked to one of my good friends and they said that I should add Alex in this one so thats exactly what I'm doing. She isn't a user of Wattpad, so Shout out any ways!

-FTF
(FullThrottleFairy)
_______________________________
It was a cloudy day in the town of Magnolia. The dark gray clouds were threatening to spill their rain. The usually talkitive streets and shop-keepers were silent and barely even spoke, and if it was any quieter, you could here a pin drop from the other side of town. Passerbys would think that it is a little strange that the lively town is quiet, but what makes the quiet day very unusual is the Fairy Tail guild. The guild wasn't making a sound. At all. The very strange day was reaching it's mid point when a spunky and cheerful Dragon Slayer came strutting to the entrance of Magnolia.

Alex Dragneel sighed in relief as she came to the sign that read,"WELCOME TO MAGNOLIA."

"Another successful job. I even got the full reward, but the rest of Team Natsu didn't want to go on this S-class job," Alex said kind of disappointed. Alex, a few months ago, won the S-class trials and soon after her return, she went on a job that lasted about 1 year. Team Natsu didn't want to be gone that long so they stayed behind. Alex shrugged it off and stepped from the dirt covered path and onto the cobble-paved road. As soon as she stepped foot on the road, she got a wave of gloom and saddness. "What is up with all of this negative energy?" She asked slightly confused,"Hopefully the guild will be in more of a cheerful mood than this is."

She kept walking, and while she did, she noticed that all of the towns folk were staring at her. Some of them started whispering, while others started to burst into tears. "What's up with everyone?" Alex asked even more confused. She started to jog through the streets until she reached hers and Lucy's apartment. Alex rushed in and noticed nobody was there. She sighed and threw her bag on the couch. "Did something happen that I don't know about?" She asked herself. Alex sighed again and stood,"Guess I better head to the guild and see what is happening."
-----------------------------------------------------
A few minutes later.........

Alex pushed through the guild doors, but instead of laughter and ruckus, she was greeted by total silence. "A-Alex?" Erza stuttered. "Nice to see a familiar face. How was the job?" Mira asked kind of upsettingly. "It was good. What's going on?" Alex asked. She flinched thinking a table was flying towards her, but no one was fighting, not even Natsu and Gray were fighting. Wait. Natsu isn't even here, Alex thought. "Where's Natsu?"

"Alex. There's...........something we need to tell you," Wendy said holding back her tears. "Did something happen? What is it?" I asked around the guild. Levy was crying into Gajeel's chest. "While we were on a mission, Lucy got in an accident," Gray said,"Natsu is sitting in the infirmary with Lucy. Hasn't come out since we got back." Alex nodded,"I'll be in the infirmary."

"Alex," Mira called before She disappeared,"If you find something...different about Lucy, don't tell Natsu. Okay?" Alex was confused, but she agreeed anyways. She jogged towards the infirmary and opened the door slightly. Alex entered silently and creaked the door shut. She first saw the wrapped Lucy, covered in bandages and had some kind of liquid attached to her elbow crease.

(FTF/ not sure what its called, go with it)

She then saw Natsu sitting at her bed side. He had her hand in his and was mumbling something to her. Alex took cautious steps foward and placed her hand on his shoulder.
He flinched at her touch and he looked up at her,"A-Alex?" Alex chuckled and said,"The one and only. Is she okay?"

Natsu looked back at the sleeping Lucy and replied,"I guess. She has been back at the guild for a week now and hasn't woke up. Wendy has healed her a few times, too." Alex gave him a questioning look, Even with Wendy's healing magic she should've been awake by now, Alex thought to herself. Then a thought hit her, and she looked down at the sleeping Lucy. "Okay. Well, I'm gonna go back into the guild. Are you okay with staying with Lucy like this?" She asked trying to get him to leave. "Yeah, I'm gonna be here when she wakes up," Natsu replied. Alex nodded and walked to Lucy's bed and leaned down to hug her. When she did, she tried not to cry when her thought was confirmed.

"Well, I'm gonna leave..............you alone," She said, and before she started to cry she slammed the door behind her. When the door was closed, she let them fall. Alex slid down the wall and sat on the floor, bawling really hard. "Why havn't they told him yet? I mean surely he smelled the scent on her," Alex mumbled. Soon her tears of sorrow turned into tears of anger. She stood up and stomped out of the hallway, and made her way up on stage. She wiped away her tears and cleared her throat.

"HOW DARE YOU KEEP THIS FROM HIM!! YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY!! WELL, NEWS FLASH! FAMILY AND FRIENDS DON'T KEEP SECRETS, ESECIALLY LIKE THAT!" Alex yelled at the suprised and mourne-struck guildmates. Levy and Wendy started to bawl as well. "I'm not telling him. That's your sin to forgive yourself for. I have things I've gotta do," She said and stormed out, leaving the guildmates to think. A few minutes later, Natsu trudged into the main hall and he didn't look like his normal, gleeful self.

"Hey, Flame-Brain! Finally decided to come out?" Gray yelled from the bar. Natsu glared at him,"Shut up." Everyone gasped in suprise and Erza stood in anger,"What's wrong with you?!"

"You lied to me, that's what happened," Natsu shot back and walked to the doors. Everyone in the guild settled down, and Mira asked,"Where are you going?" Natsu stopped before closing the door behind him,"Me and Alex have things to do." Mira nooded with a sad expresion,"I'll come by later to get some of her clothes." Natsu flashed a small grin,"Thanks Mira." She nodded and went back to wiping down the bar. Natsu closed the guild doors behind him.
-----------------------------------------------------
At Lucy's apartment..............

Alex was looking through some of Lucy's photo albums. She saw paintings of Lucy and Natsu. On the last page of the album, there was a picture of Lucy, Natsu, and Alex. Alex looked at the picture and smiled. She ran her fingers over the picture and then she felt a lump in the bottom corner. She looked down at the corner and saw a small golden key. She opened the pocket and pulled out the key. Alex looked around until her eyes landed on a small box. She was just about to put the key in when she heard the familiar slide of the window.

Alex whipped her head around and saw Natsu crawl in through the window. "Natsu?" She asked her fellow Fire Dragon Slayer. He looked at her with red puffy eyes. Alex got the message, walked over to Natsu and hugged him. "Are you okay?" She asked. Natsu shook his head,"It's my fault Lucy is dead." Alex pushed him away and looked at him in disbelief. "What do you mean? I know whatever happened it wasn't your fault," Alex said,"Don't amswer that. I have enough emotions on this roller coaster I call life. Do you eant to see what's in the box?"

Natsu looked over at the key that was inside of the key hole,"Yeah, sure." Natsu and Alex walked over to the box. Alex twisted the key to and opened the lid. Inside of the box was..........................
_______________________________
Find out in Gone part 2(the funeral)