01, a part of me is you

NEW SURROUNDINGS FOR the first time in two years shocked Daphne

NEW SURROUNDINGS FOR the first time in two years shocked Daphne. She stayed awake the entire plane ride, while Trinity and Newt leaned against her, their head both on her shoulders. Her eyes stayed on the window, taking in the endless amount of desert that surrounded the world.

When she pictured leaving the maze, that was definitely not what she expected.

She looked down at Newt, who snores softly which made Daphne smile slightly. Her eyes glanced at his bag that was in his lap, something peeking out of it. Reaching over, she pulled out a photo from the bag. It was of them, from four years ago. They sat at a table and both had smiles on their faces, pencils in their hands. Daphne slipped the photo back in Newt's bag, where she assumed all the others were.

"How have you not fallen asleep yet, kid?" A man that sat in front of Thomas asked her.

Daphne turned to him, shrugging slightly, not wanting to wake Trinity and Newt. "Too much to take in. Too much to think about."

"You a big thinker?" The man smirked.

"You have no idea." Trinity mumbled, opening her eyes slightly and Daphne smiled.

"Shit," The man said, looking out the window. "Wake your friends up, now!"

Daphne shook Newt gently, "Newt, time to go."

The blond woke up, sitting up quickly as he heard the shouts and screams.

"You all have to move fast!" Another man yelled and soon all the Gladers began to wake up. Daphne felt sick when the helicopter began to shake, landing on the ground with a thud.

"Go, go, go!" One screamed, rushing them off the helicopter.

Daphne jumped off the helicopter after Trinity, Newt following her. Her eyes widened at a large building which they all began to run towards.

More screams were heard and guns were fired, the noises only making Daphne run faster until she was inside the building. Trinity was immediately by her side, both of them in awe by the building surrounding them. The two looked at each other, eyes wide,

"How the hell are we not dead yet?"

"Not really something to complain about, Trin."

-

Trinity and Minho sat next to each other, sitting on top of a table in a room where all the Gladers were locked in. They both stared at Daphne and Newt, who for once in their lives, were sitting away from each other. Newt laid on a bag against the wall while Daphne sat at another table, flipping through her notebook.

"This is so weird." Minho whispered.

"You're right, they never fight." Trinity agreed. "I'll take Daph, you take Newt."

"How about I talk to your sister?" Minho offered. "You talk to Newt."

Giving him a look, Trinity questioned, "Why?"