09, ghost stories

THE FIRE DANCED IN FRONT of Daphne's eyes, growing when Aris tossed more pieces of wood into it

THE FIRE DANCED IN FRONT of Daphne's eyes, growing when Aris tossed more pieces of wood into it. Newt sat next to her, slinging an arm over her shoulder and resting his head on top of hers. The group sat in the desert as usual, nobody speaking as they tried to mourn Winston.

"I thought we were supposed to be immune." Minho spoke first, playing with a knife in his hands.

"Not all of us, I guess." Teresa shrugged.

"If Winston can get infected... we should assume so can the rest of us." Newt suggested.

"It makes sense that some of us aren't immune," Daphne spoke up, lifting her head up slightly. "WICKED would need something to compare the immunes too, it's a science experiment."

"I never thought I'd say it, I miss the Glade." Frypan whispered and Daphne looked at Trinity, who's head was laying on her backpack as she tried to sleep.

-

Daphne opened her eyes when she felt herself being shaken, seeing Newt looking down at her. "Hey, get up, love."

"What's happening?" She whispered, getting up from the ground. Thomas pointed at the mountains, where a small amount of light could be seen and the group's eyes widened. They all turned the heads at the sound of thunder, the lighting flashed a few miles away from them. Daphne gasped slightly, growing nervous at the metallic taste in her mouth.

"Shit, shit, we have to go!" Daphne grabbed her bag, pulling Trinity off the ground.

The Gladers all got their bags, beginning to run towards the lights in the mountains as Thomas screamed. "Keep moving!"

Glancing at Newt, who was behind her, Daphne ran as fast as she could. The group passed several broken cars and the door to the building they saw was getting closer. She turned her head immediately when she heard the sound of lighting that was a little too close to be safe.

"Minho!" Trinity screamed, immediately running to the boy that now laid on the ground. "Daphne, help!"

She ran over immediately, putting her two fingers to his neck. "He's alive, he has a pulse."

"Get him up!" Newt yelled as he and Aris picked the boy off the ground. Frypan held the door open, rushing everyone inside. Daphne bent down to look at Minho, placing her hands on the top of his chest, pressing down.

"Come on, Minho." Trinity whispered, looking down at the boy.

The group let out sighs of relief when Minho let out a groan, slowly opening his eyes. Daphne smiled, "There he is."

"You dumbass." Trinity mumbled, hitting his shoulder lightly.

"How is this my fault?" Minho asked and Trinity shook her head, hugging him for a moment. "What happened?"

"You got struck by lighting, shank." Daphne answered and Thomas offered his hand out to the boy.

"Come on, let's get him up. Nice and slow." Thomas pulled Minho off the ground.