Trip To Solitude...(Part 2)

Tara adjusted her kurti and stole before sitting on the chair. She adjusted her specs and started reading the iconic Chokher Bali by famous author of his times, Rabindranath Tagore.

The novel showcased the life of a widow , Binodini , and her struggle with her emotions. She somehow felt connected to the main protagonist. Like  Binodini , even she felt as if her talent was overshadowed by those erotic novels. She was regarded as a clean writer and explored different genres of books and literature.

The erotic novels were only an assumption for her. She really didn't knew the reason behind her failure novel plots.

Like Binodini, even she felt like someone snatched her opportunity. Binodini was a perfect person, she could read and write, played piano and spoke in fluent english, yet she got married to an elder man and after his death, her life became miserable.

Tara was also perfect, a topper and an amazing writer. Still she was literally acknowledge by none. She felt frustrated and sad.

Suddenly she felt a shudder and looked around. The public library was unusual quit today. No it was not strange for a library to be quit. But today, all of a sudden she felt some kind of uneasiness. No one was at sight. It was almost getting darker outside. She looked at her wrist watch and it showed 5:30 pm.

She got up and started moving towards the shelf and she saw something that literally made her jump on her feet.

A man was standing behind the shelf with his face visible in between the space. He was a dark man with honey brown eyes, black hair and a strange look.

He was intently looking at her. She decided to borrow this book from the library and hurried towards the counter.

As she was completing all the formalities of borrowing, she kept looking at the direction of the shelf and was revealed when she didn't saw him comming from there. After completing the formalities, she dashed out of  the library.

Suddenly she halted at her steps as she heard someone saying "Chechi!!",from behind.

She got frozen at her place and heard footsteps approaching towards her.

Her face went pale as she saw the same guy.

He looked at her for few seconds then said,"Hello! I am your huge fan. Autograph please?",he showed her a book. The Smiling Lady, that's her book. She wrote that a year back. Tara nodded and fished out a pen from her bag and with shaking hand, autographed that book.

He thanked her and left.

Tara was still shaking. She took a deep breath and headed towards her car.

******************************

"Kya soch rhi ho?", Rohit asked after observing his friend's silent behaviour. She sighed and said,"Today, I met this fan who called me chechi.."

Rohit laughed hard and said,"Chachi!?".

She glared at him and said,"chachi nhi , chechi stupid!"

"Haan wahi, so what?"

"It's a malyalam word for elder sister".

"Tumhe malayalam ati hain?"

"Thodi bhout. Last story ke liye thodi bhout sikhi thi."

He mouthed an "okay" and they both continued looking at the night sky.

Rohit had this weird obsession with skyline and would always come on the terrace of the apartment. Sometimes even Tara would accompany him but most of the time he would be alone here. It was his "me"time.Even  the highly extrovert guy would need some alone time.