Trip To Solitude...(Part 10)

1991.

Her lower lip quivered and then a humorless chuckle escaped her lips.

This is the biggest joke. Indeed.

Is this a prank? Where is the camera? Where to wave hand?

Suddenly something struck her mind and she ran towards the wall of photographs. Her eyes started looking for the frame with a picture of a man with tainted face. A different kind of curiosity arose in her stomach. That man. Is he here??? If this is 1991 then probably that man is still alive. Or just not dead yet.

**************************************

Finally her curious eyes relaxed as they found the particular photoframe. She removed it from its place and held it tightly in her hands. Her palms started sweating and she pulled it closer to her face and squinted her eyes. The photoframe and the photograph inside it, both were in a perfect condition. And luckily the man's face was not tainted. It was fine as ever. Maybe more than fine as Tara felt her heart skipping a beat.

He was smiling widely at her

He was smiling widely at her. As if unkown of what the fate had stored for his family. Watching this guy smiling Tara couldn't help but smile back at the man.

But like a thunderbolt, reality struck her hard. The man was standing a little bit away from the couples. It means that he was Keshav Rao, the one who killed his old parents. She was admiring a killer this whole time!! Never judge a book by its cover they say.

"Àkṣi cēcci, phēāṭṭēās vecc nī entā ceyyunnat?"

["Aakshi Didi, what are you doing with the photographs?"].

The voice shook her and the frame almost fell from her hands, but was lucky enough to get caught in the mid air by her. She looked at the boy who called her out. A kid. Roughly of 10 - 12 years of age. He had little dusky skin and dark black hairs. His eyes were glittering with mischievous. Overall the kid was cute as a button.

She immediately hunged the photo back on the wall and sighed. Her eyes got the glimpse of some other photograph. That one was of the cute kid.