Trip To Solitude...(Part 9)

Tara was famously known as the tragic queen of fiction world. Her best sellers were considered as master piece in the genre of tragic end. She thought that the most tragic moment can occure only in her book. That was a little bubble of her's which , when came in contact with the reality pin, got burst in the air.

Sahil's story was not only tragic but heartwrenching. She never thought that one day her heart will cry for some stranger.Yet unlike Vanya, she remained unmoved.

Thousands of people die everyday. And almost eveyone is suffering from some kind of diseases anyway. Maybe thats why she didn't felt any sort of sympathy for Sahil.

"Acchan told me that thirty years ago, his sister went missing. Mysteriously. She was his elder sister. She was beautiful, sweet, bubbly and mute."

Mute?

"She used to visit this house quite often. Back in those days, a family used to live here. Rao family. Actually this is an ancestral place of the Rao family. This was a one huge joint family with Mr and Mrs. Rao being the head , there two sons and daughter-in-law, a 10 year old grandchild Vinay.

Well as of my acchan had told me, the younger son of Mr. Rao was also mute and my aunt became friends with him. His name was Keshav Rao. Not only mute but he was their foster son.

My aunt and Keshav Rao were childhood friends. One fateful evening, Keshav Rao killed his old parents and was immediately arrested. According to the statement of his brother and sister-in-law, he killed the old couple because Mr. Rao decided to transfer all of his property to his real heir and like a raging bull he killed his foster parents."

Sahil took a break from the narration and sighed. The two curious pair of eyes were fixed on him. He then continued again," The same evening, my aunt was supposed to be home by 7:00 pm. But no she never came back. Last she was seen in this house, on the fateful night. It has been 30 years and till to this day my dad is waiting for her. He said that he had achived almost everything in life. All of his wishes are fulfilled, except one. His sister. He wishes to meet his sister for one last time."

"Thats why you were sneaking inside this house , in order to find some clue regarding her", Tara spoke as she rubbed her finger against her chin, thoughtfully.

She heard sigh as an answer.

**************************************

The wall was filled with photographs. All framed with wodden work. The three of them were looking around the house. Vanya was busy checking the drawers and Sahil was going through the books that were placed on the fully occupied bookshelf. The books were all covered with a thick layer of dusts.

Tara was busy with something else. Looking at the photographs of dead people was giving her chills.

But force of habbit.

Her eyes were looking around the black and white stories. She held one of the frame and gazed at the smiling faces of those dead family members. It seemed like a family photograph to her. An old couple was sitting on the sofa. Another young couple, seems like newly married was standing behind them and a guy was standing there a little bit away from the couples. He must be in his early twenties or something. The guy's face was tained with some black spot, as if someone deliberately ruined his face.

Tara moved her thumb over his face and felt an immediate shudder down her spin.

She immediately hunged the frame back on the wall and looked towards her other two companions.

"Found anything yet?", she asked. Sahil kept the book back on the shelf and shook his head in no whereas Vanya sighed as she pushed the drawer back.

"Its raining cats and dogs. I hope this rain ends soon. I need my warm bed so bad", Vanya whined.